2015-2016 Sarasota Viper Winter Series

Started by Travis Yates, June 30, 2015, 11:49:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Leyland

We are very envious up here in the Pacific Northwest!

Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Brad Boston

Hey Everyone,
It was real nice seeing everyone at Sarasota last weekend! They really know how to run a great event and get races off.
We brought (Doyle Boston Sailmakers) 3 new Jibs down to Sarasota for the testing. We decided to build a Technora Jib and a radial Dacron sail along with our standard Poly sail that will be the bench mark. The reason for the Dacron sail is to explore all options of materials. (Some think this maybe a step backwards but time will tell).
All three jibs were used and rotated for the two days of racing so we can keep even hours on them.
We will keep you posted how it is going and please make sure you take the time and sail with them to see the differences.

Brad Boston

Peter Beardsley

Regatta recap posted at http://www.viper640.org/usa-news/zeke-horowitz-danny-pletsch-and-peter-beardsley-on-the-podium-for-the-sarasota-viper-winter-series-1/

Some tuning notes up on the North site. 

Results posted here as a PDF for posterity in case the entire series is blended together and we want to remember who did what at which event.

Also attaching a photo of one of the newest Vipers in the fleet - # 239 from Hampton, VA, owned by Martin Casey.  Pretty sure this is the first pink Viper in the world.  Looks fantastic.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Tim Carter

Found out it's a white boat with a wrap to make his daughter happy.  Gotta love Dads..  :)
Lt Coast Gov

Jason Hyerstay

I wonder if wraps are cheaper in the long run.
Jason Hyerstay - Streetwise - Viper 640 #195 - Lake Champlain Yacht Club, Shelburne, Vermont, USA, https://lcyc.info

Craig Wilusz

Good times, great weather, really great RC volunteers, and even Travis did a good job. 
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Tim Carter on December 16, 2015, 05:40:10 PM
Found out it's a white boat with a wrap to make his daughter happy.  Gotta love Dads..  :)
So when she changes her mind in a year and decides she likes purple with yellow polka dots...

It freaked me out when I first saw it, as I knew we never had an order for a pink boat! It looks fantastic on the water actually.

Way to go Martin (Dad)! Doing what it takes to encourage the next generation. And he said she's coming down for the next regatta, which is great. Everyone will make sure she has a great time, I'm sure.
Race it like you stole it.

Craig Wilusz

Scott Mitchell is looking for a crew spot for the January SSS Winter weekend.

Scott sailed with Deborah and Craig for quite some time (Charleston Race Week, Eustis, the NACs in Sarnia a bit back).  IF you don't remember Scott, he is the guy that wears the tie-dye stuff and drinks beer.  If you want him For Sarasota weekend in January , you got him.  He already has a place to stay, so you only have to see the tye-dye in day light.  If interested, post here.  I will hook you up with him.

Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Steve Chapman

Heh Craig
I need a crew - will send you an email.
Steve
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Craig Wilusz

Scott now has a crew spot.  Scott is happy.

Enjoy the tie-dye.....
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Cole Constantineau

By any chance is anyone flying into Tampa around 5:30 tomorrow evening?  One of my crew is getting in at that time and it would be cool if she could share a ride with someone headed down to Sarasota... 

Anyways--thought I'd ask, doesn't hurt...  Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!  Forecast is looking good breeze wise!

Peter Beardsley

Quote from: Cole Constantineau on January 07, 2016, 01:38:21 PM
By any chance is anyone flying into Tampa around 5:30 tomorrow evening?  One of my crew is getting in at that time and it would be cool if she could share a ride with someone headed down to Sarasota... 

Anyways--thought I'd ask, doesn't hurt...  Looking forward to seeing everyone this weekend!  Forecast is looking good breeze wise!
We don't get in until 10 pm or so.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Tac Boston

Great seeing everyone this past weekend! Fun to be back in the Viper, I have not sailed on one since the NA's here in Sarnia. Always fun to see the group. I must say it is much easier in the coach boat :)

Tac

Peter Beardsley

Huge thanks to Doyle/Boston and North for supporting the class with demo jibs to move the ball forward.  We used one North and one Doyle this weekend - both looked and felt really good.  We're trying to put together a mini debrief on the weekend for people who were in attendance via PPT and PDF if work frees up a bit - will circulate via email if it comes together. 

Separate weekend 2 scores are attached.  Looks like Weekend 3 will be The Big One and will do a lot to shake up the standings. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Craig Wilusz

Hi, all.  Travis communicated to me this morning (Sunday, Jan 17th) that after the storms that just blew through Sarasota, Dave Hillmeyer went down to check on everything at SSS.  Initial reports from Dave to Travis, is that everything is okay down there as far as the club and boats go. 

Thanks Dave and Travis for checking on everything.

C
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur