1 (8.3%)
Conflicts with kids school break
0 (0%)
Not Attending 2011, but back in 2012
2 (16.7%)

Total Members Voted: 12

Voting closed: March 18, 2011, 07:56:06 PM

Craig Wilusz

Is there a polling option for our forums?  Be interesting to see reasoning behind regatta attendance pre-event and post event.  This might be able to answer Matt's comments.

Things like attending or not attending.  And a list of reasons why ie: cost, distance, other regatta conflict, business conflict, family conflict, etc etc.  Will provide good data for future events as well as put some understanding on why some events do better than others.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on February 25, 2011, 11:12:30 AM
Is there a polling option for our forums?  Be interesting to see reasoning behind regatta attendance pre-event and post event.  This might be able to answer Matt's comments.

Things like attending or not attending.  And a list of reasons why ie: cost, distance, other regatta conflict, business conflict, family conflict, etc etc.  Will provide good data for future events as well as put some understanding on why some events do better than others.

Yes, we can do polls on these forums.  But figuring out the right questions to ask is the hard part...

Olaf Bleck

Just a heads up--

It looks like they are still taking registrations in some manner.  It's up to 260 boats, including 26 Vipers now, up from 240 and 22.

I think one doesn't need to pay until March 8 as long as you're on the list.

Their site also says in the news section:

CHARLESTON, SC (26 FEBRUARY 2011) ? With more than 240 boats registered for the newly re-titled 2011 Sperry Top-Sider Charleston Race Week, the rapidly growing event takes over the title as the United States? largest keelboat regatta.  ?We?re thrilled about all of the talks about titles down here,? said Logistics Manager Danny Havens, ?and we?re happy to be able to welcome so many new friends to our wonderful town and harbor.?

With dozens more entries possible in the nearly seven weeks remaining until the event begins, Charleston?s signature event clearly has come up with a formula that is working.

So maybe it's still officially open.

Also, please sign up asap for the "Viper Pit" (premium dockage with the rest of our fleet, and "good beer", $100 for the duration)  We have about 8-10 committed now.

See here for that:  
  http://forum.viper640.org/index.php?topic=834.0

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Craig Wilusz

Rumor mill is a third course is in the works.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Dan Tucker

If you have any interest in sailing CRW, PLEASE sign up!! I've spoken with Danny Havens, the organizer, and have been told that there will be more entries accepted, and the the Viper class would be given priority for up to 5-10 more entries if we have Vipes wait-listed.

The Viper class helped to put CRW on the map the past few years, so they have a large degree of affection for us and want to help us out (so please try to keep this news within the class).
Race it like you stole it.

Lee Shuckerow

Quote from: Dan Tucker on March 02, 2011, 07:18:48 PM
If you have any interest in sailing CRW, PLEASE sign up!! I've spoken with Danny Havens, the organizer, and have been told that there will be more entries accepted, and the the Viper class would be given priority for up to 5-10 more entries if we have Vipes wait-listed.

The Viper class helped to put CRW on the map the past few years, so they have a large degree of affection for us and want to help us out (so please try to keep this news within the class).
27 Boats signed up. If you have interest in racing please try. I'm sure the PRO will try to get more Vipers in since they kind of started getting large numbers of one design boats going the last few years. I have heard rumor mills with people saying this would be a down year in boats entrys but if people would had signed up early this could have been a forty boat class. Now we have to do our best to compete with Melges.
Jackpot  #235

Harvey Barnes

I just registered (2011-03-20, 17:50) and they took my money and added me to the list.  So I'm in.

So if you're thinking about it... get er done!

Harv

Olaf Bleck

America's Biggest Regatta Adds Fifth Course  
ORGANIZERS ADD THIRD INSHORE CIRCLE TO ENSURE NO TEAM IS LEFT OUT

CHARLESTON, SC (23 MARCH 2011) - When the entry list topped 270 boats this month, it became clear that the organizers of 2011 Sperry Top-Sider Charleston Race Week had a small problem.  "The last thing we've ever wanted to do was tell people we don't have room for them, but that's the position we found ourselves in," explained Randy Draftz, the event's Race Director.

Long billed as one of the most inclusive of all major sailboat regattas, the event required some creative thinking to safely accommodate the over 200 competing boats registered for the inshore courses. "We worked nonstop last week to find a solution that would benefit everyone involved," said Logistics Manager Danny Havens.  "Charleston is one of the busiest commercial ports on the East Coast, so that meant building consensus with both Charleston Branch Pilots Association and United States Coast Guard Sector Charleston in order to create a third course."  The event has seen a 40% surge in entries just from 2010 to 2011 spread across all fleets, though only the inshore courses face space limitations.

The new course for the J/22 and J/24 classes is laid out close to downtown Charleston's waterfront. Organizers expect it to provide exciting viewing from the Battery and Waterfront parks for locals and tourists alike, who "should be able to see and hear tons of racing action, almost as if they were on the boats," said James Island High School sailing coach Ryan Hamm.

<snip>
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Matt Sole

Can we really not manage to squeeze a couple more teams out of the wood work for this event?
30 would a nice round number to get on the start line!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

David Chapman

Hi guys, it seems Glyn had no idea about this regatta.
I have told him it's a must do...
justin & Dann maybe email him.... please

cheers Dave GBR 123

Matt Sole

Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78