2011 Viper North American's

Started by Kelly Bechard, June 21, 2011, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Olaf Bleck

Sailflow is showing solid low 20's all day at the coast, 30ish +/- as the south bay buoy, and 10-15 at the airport.  Hope that gradient is consistent off Sarnia, would love another crack at a race like yesterday!

Having a blast.  2 thumbs up, Brad and co.
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Lee Shuckerow

It's a bad day when you wake up to find you ultimate 20 has fallen off it's trailer and crushed your laser that was nicely placed next to it.

Other than that the NAs went pretty well and the competition level was huge. Going into the final race three boats tied for first with fer de lance only a few points back.  Team jackpot had a great time hosting this years NAs and hope everyone enjoyed it as much. Thanks for coming and see you at HPDO
Jackpot  #235

Mike Vigrass

Did anyone take any on the water pics over the weekend?  Did Brandy Boston take any?  I imagine they'll eventually hit phanfare if she did.

Matt Sole

What happened to Saturdays results on yacht scoring???

We need to know!!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Brad Boston

Blew 30 with really big waves. Racing was called off. There is a huge low pressure system here right now that has created 30 plus wind from the north for three days.
I hope everyone had fun...we did the best job we could getting six perfectly run races in.
Brad

Olaf Bleck

Hey Brad, hats off man, 'twas a great few days, just as promised.  Granted, we can't control the weather, but there was plenty of good sailing anyhow, and no shortage of quality partying to make up the difference.  Thanks again!
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Jeff Jones

+1 for Olaf's post.  Everything was perfect for us.. well, you can control the weather but it did get me in home on time to mow my grass today. 

Brad and the rest of the volunteers;  you guys rock.  We are SO glad we made the trip up!!!!!

Met a lot of really cool new people, and olaf (kidding Olaf, you're a good dude) ;-)  Email me Monday on your bunks. 

Wish we could make the HDPO. 

Good times - animal

Drake Borer

Damn, I see why the "young guys" at the bar were callin me "grey beard". Nice pic.  It sums up our weekend.  Maybe I'm not as young as I feel........certainly not as young as I act..................   Seriously, Brad and the whole Boston "clan" went above and beyond to make this event an unbelievable family affair. So what if the weather wouldn't cooperate.  We just took the party to the sail loft!   I can't imaginge a better group of people to race with/against.  THANK YOU.  This really was what I feel the Viper community should be about!  Great racing, excellent competition, and truly, a friendly boat race.  That is what it is all about!  Perhaps it was a slick covert ad campaign for Doyle Boston sails..if so, it worked.  I will always suppport them, they are what we call in Texas "good people". 

Perhaps I'll hang up the tiller and swear my allegiance to the "animal".  I can't argue with the results.  We laughed, drank, (didn't puke for once), and did way better than (at least I) expected! I can't wait to race again.  I just gotta get this annoying job/life thing out of the way.
Once again, THANK YOU to the Bostons and Sarnia

db

Jeff Jones

Drake pegged it.  "this i really what i feel the viper community should be about".   

Here's the only "bad" picture i took of the boston party on Friday.  Got one race in - every day when we got off the water there were a few bottles of rum and a lot of beer waiting for us at the dock.  Noon at the dock, 1:00 at the loft....  5:00 PM at the "gennnnaua (as Justin would put it) 50 we were staying on and then dinner. 

Epic. 

Arnold said this was one of the funnest regattas he's been to.  I have to agree.  Sometimes, it's just about the company. 

good times.

Drake - guess we need to get that animal / monkey kite?  Youre welcome to drive...  between races that is ;-)  Kidding.

Quote from: Drake Borer on October 02, 2011, 10:13:29 PM
Damn, I see why the "young guys" at the bar were callin me "grey beard". Nice pic.  It sums up our weekend.  Maybe I'm not as young as I feel........certainly not as young as I act..................   Seriously, Brad and the whole Boston "clan" went above and beyond to make this event an unbelievable family affair. So what if the weather wouldn't cooperate.  We just took the party to the sail loft!   I can't imaginge a better group of people to race with/against.  THANK YOU.  This really was what I feel the Viper community should be about!  Great racing, excellent competition, and truly, a friendly boat race.  That is what it is all about!  Perhaps it was a slick covert ad campaign for Doyle Boston sails..if so, it worked.  I will always suppport them, they are what we call in Texas "good people". 

Perhaps I'll hang up the tiller and swear my allegiance to the "animal".  I can't argue with the results.  We laughed, drank, (didn't puke for once), and did way better than (at least I) expected! I can't wait to race again.  I just gotta get this annoying job/life thing out of the way.
Once again, THANK YOU to the Bostons and Sarnia

db

Drake Borer

Drake - guess we need to get that animal / monkey kite?  Youre welcome to drive...  between races that is ;-)  Kidding.

Quote from: Drake Borer on Today at 10:13:29 PM

Guess your satisfied with second then..........

Jeff Jones

Well, word is i'm between your wife and min for wurstfest so second will do ;-)

I love you man

Quote from: Drake Borer on October 02, 2011, 11:10:43 PM
Drake - guess we need to get that animal / monkey kite?  Youre welcome to drive...  between races that is ;-)  Kidding.

Quote from: Drake Borer on Today at 10:13:29 PM

Guess your satisfied with second then..........

Tim Carter

Sounds like everybody had a great time...  REALLY SORRY I missed it...   :(
Lt Coast Gov

David Furna

Excellent Regatta, thanks to ALL the Boston's for everything. I'm glad I made the trip and look forward to going back and racing in that area again. I think I met more Viper crew at this regatta than I have in two years of doing this.

Bill Abbott and the rest of the RC did a great job. Can you believe we got Black Flagged on a Practice Day?

Steve Conger is the only person I've ever seen stand on the bulb and hold the side of the boat after a wipeout. Good video's.....

Who won the Doyle Jib contest? I registered late, so I wasn't in the running.

Dave

Lee Shuckerow

If you go to http://www.phanfare.com/iphone/#pg=album&dg=2881583%3A5295607%3A-1%3A2011%3A-1%3A1134610 there are some pics. Harvey also had pics and video I believe so can't wait to see more of that. Also I saw that drake had a camera on the Animal from texas so not sure what he was taking pictures of. Didn't know he had some Asian in him but I'm sure it's good.
Jackpot  #235

Drake Borer

ohhhh.. so many things that I could say, but would get me in trouble

I only had the camera on the last day.  As you may have noticed, we were a little preoccupied pre start (I hear battens and mainsails are helpful), and obviously I was a little busy during the race, so unfortunately not too many pics (Jones did try to stick it down his pants and take a crotch shot though)

I tried to click on the phanfare link, but nothing showed up.  I would love to see the video