2011 Viper North American's

Started by Kelly Bechard, June 21, 2011, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Boston

Hey Everyone,
On Thursday I did get a few shots while out there.  Not a whole lot but at least some.  I blew some of the ones up that are far away and they look pretty good. 
To see my pics go to www.doyleboston.com  on the right hand side under Galleries click on Boston Photos and you will see them there.
Thanks again to everyone for coming up to sail!
Lynz Boston

Olaf Bleck

I thought it was interesting that hulls 54, 55, 56, 57, and 58 were all there.  It was like a family reunion...!
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Jay Harrell

Justin Scott

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

Quote from: Drake Borer on October 03, 2011, 07:10:57 PM
ohhhh.. so many things that I could say, but would get me in trouble

I only had the camera on the last day. unfortunately not too many pics (Jones did try to stick it down his pants and take a crotch shot though)

Nothing much to see there. Moving on.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Quote from: Drake Borer on October 02, 2011, 10:13:29 PM
Damn, I see why the "young guys" at the bar were callin me "grey beard". Nice pic.  It sums up our weekend.  Maybe I'm not as young as I feel........certainly not as young as I act..................   Seriously, Brad and the whole Boston "clan" went above and beyond to make this event an unbelievable family affair. So what if the weather wouldn't cooperate.  We just took the party to the sail loft!   I can't imaginge a better group of people to race with/against.  THANK YOU.  This really was what I feel the Viper community should be about!  Great racing, excellent competition, and truly, a friendly boat race.  That is what it is all about!  Perhaps it was a slick covert ad campaign for Doyle Boston sails..if so, it worked.  I will always suppport them, they are what we call in Texas "good people". 

Perhaps I'll hang up the tiller and swear my allegiance to the "animal".  I can't argue with the results.  We laughed, drank, (didn't puke for once), and did way better than (at least I) expected! I can't wait to race again.  I just gotta get this annoying job/life thing out of the way.
Once again, THANK YOU to the Bostons and Sarnia

db

+1 Great regatta. It what Vipers are about.
Sorry I didnt get to say good bye to the Chicago boat. Great bunch. They chartered and jumped in the deep end with this bunch of renegades. They were really getting the hang of it by race 5. Enjoyed chatting to them over breakfast. We should organize a demo and coaching session at Chicago Corinthian.
The take away for this East Coast Viper sailor is that we should do more sailing and parties on the Great Lakes.

Drake...the beard wasn't grey before you went into the Riverport Tavern. It aged you man.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Tom Peterson

I just wanted to drop a quick note and say thanks to everyone in Sarnia and the Viper fleet as a whole. Team Milwaukee (aka - Widespread Panic...the boat name was fitting on Friday) had a great time at our first Viper regatta, at least during the parts we can remember!

I have been in many fleets over the years and it was great to see how friendly and helpful everyone was as we figured out the new boat. I can't wait to get back out on the water!
Tom
Viper #106 "Widespread Panic"

Brad Boston

Wanted to let everyone know I was down at the club taking the boat out of the water and it was sunny 70 degrees and blowing 10-15knots out on the water.

Also we found some items people may be missing
Dave furna we have your big orange bumper. Always good to put your name on things.
We found two other fenders with no name on them
And we found a piece for a trailer jack for the european trailer that holds the trailer jack on.

Jeff Jones

brad i think i may have left my round white offendors..  you know, you used one to hold my mast up for the 1000 mile drive up?

David Furna

Quote from: Brad Boston on October 04, 2011, 05:24:12 PM
Wanted to let everyone know I was down at the club taking the boat out of the water and it was sunny 70 degrees and blowing 10-15knots out on the water.

Also we found some items people may be missing
Dave furna we have your big orange bumper. Always good to put your name on things.
We found two other fenders with no name on them
And we found a piece for a trailer jack for the european trailer that holds the trailer jack on.

Wondered what happened to that thing......maybe you can bring it to New Orleans, if not, I'll take one from Jeff..

Drake Borer

When do we get to see the video?.  And oh yeah, pictures or it didn't happen...........

Craig Wilusz

The Trailer Jack thingy may be #99's. 

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

The N.A.'s were absolutley awesome. The Boston's, race committe, SYC staff and anyone I forget to specifically mention, all did an excellent job and were very accomodating and friendly. It was great putting faces to names and meeting sailors that are as passionate about the sport as Craig and I are. Being from an area that has no vipers for us sail against (though we are trying!), participating in regattas like this enables us to learn, improve and have fun.

Thank you to a great class, great hosts and a great group of sailors ....
Deborah

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Lee Shuckerow

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 04, 2011, 07:09:50 PM
brad i think i may have left my round white offendors..  you know, you used one to hold my mast up for the 1000 mile drive up?
Offendors? We have your two white balls that you left behind.
Jackpot  #235

Lee Shuckerow

Wondered what happened to that thing......maybe you can bring it to New Orleans, if not, I'll take one from Jeff..
[/quote]

No problem dave we will get your fender to you when we see you next.
Here is a picture of the  trailer jack thingy

Jackpot  #235