2011 Viper North American's

Started by Kelly Bechard, June 21, 2011, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Matt Sole

Good luck to all competing in Sarnia. Looks like you will have a chilly but windy regatta. Have fun and bring back lots of stories. Looking forward to seeing the hard core guys in HPDO!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Phillip Davis

Saturday Forecast: Brrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr!

Overcast. High of 50?F. Unseasonably cool. Winds from the North at 20 mph. Chance of rain 20%.
Saturday Night Overcast. Low of 39?F. Winds from the North at 10 mph.

Meanwhile...down south in Smogtown for our little own BBVA:

Saturday: Forecast Mucha Mo' Betta:

Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 80s. Northeast winds 10 to 15 mph.
Saturday Night

Mostly clear. Lows in the mid 60s.

Tim Carter

Looks like is going to be a GREAT BREEZE ON! event...  kicking myself in the arse for not quitting my job and doing a border crossing...

Sail fast everybody....  put up results daily, as soon as possible....
Lt Coast Gov

Peter Beardsley

Results through race 4 are currently posted, and according to the Doyle Boston Facebook page, they're running race 5 right now.

http://www.yachtscoring.com/event_results_cumulative.cfm?eID=468
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Tim Carter

Thanks Peter....  Got some friends in the top group...   :)

5 races completed in day 1....   sheet, them's be some short courses.
Lt Coast Gov

Peter Beardsley

From the timing of the Facebook posts, I'm going to guess that each race was 45-50 minutes at most, but it looks like they may be done for the day, so I'm sure we'll have first hand reports up here soon enough to confirm or deny that.  Could also be an effort to crank out a lot of races in case it blows 30-35+ kts tomorrow and they decide it's not sailable (though I'm sure someone will chime in and tell me that is totally sailable in a Viper, etc.). 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Tim Carter

Naaa, who would say that....   ;)
Lt Coast Gov

Brad Boston

Good racing today...we got 5 really good races off today in 8-16 knots. 50 minute races to make sure we are covered just in case tomorrow is an issue. I think we should be good to race in 20-25 with big waves. Looks like everyone is having a good time.
Brad

Lee Shuckerow

I think the coolers full of booze and beer on top of five good races isnt hurting so far. When it gets chilly just drink kore rhum and you will be fine.
Jackpot  #235

Lee Shuckerow

Yeah I said rhum. It's a French canadian rum. 
Jackpot  #235

Matt Sole

Small fleet but all super high quality sailors there.

Nice to see old man Scott on top, I am sure Brad and Glyn will be looking to knock him off pretty quick.

Also fun to see 3 of the top 5 are Brits!!! Wohoo!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Jay Harrell

Can we break the Friday Cone of Silence?  Anyone sailing today?  How big are the waves already?

David Chapman

got one race in b4 the blow, good fun, first time sailed one of these things over 20knots,
was close at the first top mark, but Brad sailed away from us then Jeff Jones in 3rd.
Justin recovered to 4th after a quick swim

I'll try put my video on the doyle boston facebook page

Drake Borer

Nice to see old man Scott on top, I am sure Brad and Glyn will be looking to knock him off pretty quick.

Seems to me you forgot about us Texas boys!

Craig Wilusz

Saturday morning.  Blowing steady 20.8 knots at end of floating docks where we all been tying up at.  The floating docks are skewed a bit from the breeze.  The Ultimate 20 that was in dry storage in the lot next to us blew off it's trailer and is now on it's side.  No damage seen to any Vipers in dry storage.

We found a 24 or 30 inch orange life ring floating against the floating docks.  We pulled the life ring out of the water and placed it near barrell area near the boat ramp, as well as a kayak paddle in case any SYC members are looking for those items.

Craig and Deborah
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur