2011 Viper North American's

Started by Kelly Bechard, June 21, 2011, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tony Chapman

lee - tell brad not to spend any of the EFG party funds until we all get to Sarnia.  having just mailed out the check this is one party i will not be missing.  not sure when the party is but i hope we are not expected to sail the next day.

Brad Boston

I have a couple of Houses and boats left if anyone would like to save Money. Please let me know if you need these.

Brad

Tony Chapman

brad - just checking you have set aside space for my crew mike and luce.  see u next week.  tony

Brad Boston

Chris Shaughnessy

I also have a real good deal on a house walking distance to YC if anyone needs. With some last minute crew switches it was just me staying there so I moved myself over to harbour front.
(Two of us hoping to get a little twilight golf in at holiday inn late wed afternoon if anyone else interested). 

Kelly Bechard

Thanks to some hard working volunteers at the club the new docks are in and ready to go for the Vipers. We have room for everyone to have their own spot on the dock and extra space if any other Vipers want to make a last minute trip to Sarnia for the regatta. Looking forward to seeing everyone next week.

Justin Scott

Quote from: Darren Gilbert on September 01, 2011, 08:55:59 AM
Quote from: Matt Rowlinson on August 31, 2011, 07:29:05 PM
If anyone is looking for crew at this event, my friend Mark Shannon has asked me to say that he's available.  He's a good sailor and has crewed for us a bunch of times, so he knows his way around a Viper.  Plus he grew up sailing in Sarnia, so he knows where the current is and will make sure you don't get sucked under the Bluewater bridge.  contact him at tripp26zoomATgmail.com.

Nice job Matt.  Keep getting Mark out on the boat, sooner or later he will smarten up and buy one!

Still no real information on this wedding on the forums. + I dont see the time and place on the NOR. Can anyone help with info?
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Craig Wilusz

On the regatta website there is a Amendment to the NOR :

Notice of Race

NOR Amendment #1

However when clicking on "NOR Amendment #1" nothing comes up.  Can that be fixed?

Thank you

Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Brad Boston

We will fix it. All it says is the Skippers Meeting is at 8pm Wed 28th.

Peter Beardsley

Is this like when we'd do a college regatta in the midwest and they'd schedule the "competitor's meeting" for 9pm on Friday night at a frat house?  This was a wily practice of signaling to everyone else that there was a party afoot since you otherwise weren't allowed to advertise a party in connection with a college regatta...
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Lee Shuckerow

Almost ten boats are already in the boatyard of sarnia yacht club and it's a gorgeous sunny day in the mid seventies. Things are looking good.
Jackpot  #235

Brad Boston

All boats are here and ready to go...should be 10-15 out of the south tomorrow with flat water. The rc will do their best to update mark Roundings and scores on the yacht scoring and the doyleboston Facebook page. Friday could bring the big wind and waves out of the north.

Jay Harrell

The forecast looks BIG...

http://www.weatheroffice.gc.ca/marine/forecast_e.html?mapID=10&siteID=07605

Extended Forecast
Issued 06:30 PM EDT 28 September 2011
Friday- Wind southwest 15 knots increasing to north 35 in the morning.
Saturday- Wind north 30 knots.
Sunday- Wind north 20 knots diminishing to light late in the day.

Peter Beardsley

That's nothing.  Canadian knots are like kilometres, right?  So 30-35 "knots" is like 15-20?  Here's hoping.  Sail fast everyone. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Jeff Jones