2011 Viper North American's

Started by Kelly Bechard, June 21, 2011, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brad Boston

Just remember that there are some cheaper Motels on London line in sarnia but you need to drive 10-15 minutes to get there. That is why I blocked the close Hotels. Easier to drink and not drive...    tourismsarnialambton.com

Also remember that we do have some boats for people to stay on if needed.

Justin Scott

Bit confusion on the block booking. Called the Harbor Front and she said $100 per night +tax  for Vipers, but she confessed she was a new there. Regular rate is $104 so didnt seem much of a saving and I thought I'd play the price line game for a bit. Better to book with AAA

Best Western is $105 (regular rate $129).
Say you are with Viper North Americans.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

Okay. Called back Harbor Front. Our Viper NA room rate is now $85 per room.

We're booked in there. See you soon.

J
Viper - Mambo Kings

Kelly Bechard

We're up to 21 boats registered? Who else is planning to join? Can we get to 30 boats?

Matt Rowlinson

If anyone is looking for crew at this event, my friend Mark Shannon has asked me to say that he's available.  He's a good sailor and has crewed for us a bunch of times, so he knows his way around a Viper.  Plus he grew up sailing in Sarnia, so he knows where the current is and will make sure you don't get sucked under the Bluewater bridge.  contact him at tripp26zoomATgmail.com.

Darren Gilbert

Quote from: Matt Rowlinson on August 31, 2011, 07:29:05 PM
If anyone is looking for crew at this event, my friend Mark Shannon has asked me to say that he's available.  He's a good sailor and has crewed for us a bunch of times, so he knows his way around a Viper.  Plus he grew up sailing in Sarnia, so he knows where the current is and will make sure you don't get sucked under the Bluewater bridge.  contact him at tripp26zoomATgmail.com.

Nice job Matt.  Keep getting Mark out on the boat, sooner or later he will smarten up and buy one!
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Matt Rowlinson

Quote from: Darren Gilbert on September 01, 2011, 08:55:59 AM

Nice job Matt.  Keep getting Mark out on the boat, sooner or later he will smarten up and buy one!

Heh.  that's the plan!

Justin Scott

Last I heard the Tucker was looking for a third.

Point out mark when get to Sarnia, and we'll buy him lots of drinks and wave him across on port.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Kelly Bechard

Anyone looking for crew should talk to me, Brad or Lee. There are a bunch of people around here who have spent a lot of time on my boat or Jackpot and would love to sail.

Edit: Wasn't trying to override getting Mark on a boat. Anyone who needs crew if Mark is already sailing should let us know.

David Chapman

GBR 123 just had a training session
at our local watering hole... (pub/bar)

we are looking forward to the racing.
hope to see 30+ boats

p.s is Barry Parkin coming?

Brad Boston

Not sure if Barry can make it or not. I will call him and see. We are really glad to see you guy's making the trip.
I wish more would travel here, they really are going to miss a great sailing venue...
Today it is 85 out with water at 74 degrees.

Brad

David Furna

Long range forecast of 60's and  upper 40's....for race week. That should get me primed for our Winter Series in NC. Unless I messed up the C/F conversion.... I bet those Texas guys are looking forward to some cool temps!

Lee Shuckerow

Team jackpot just landed in Houston, tx and I don't know how these guys do it. It is freaking hot. Can't wait to get back to Detroit for North Americans. 
Jackpot  #235

Tim Carter

I.V. Bud Light........  apply till the forehead sweat stops
Lt Coast Gov

Chris Shaughnessy

but what do we IV to stay warm in Canada ?
& is the curling club open yet ? or is that a year round gig ?