2011 Viper North American's

Started by Kelly Bechard, June 21, 2011, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Wilusz

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Darren Gilbert

Is anyone else having difficulties accessing the article?  When I click on the link only the title comes up.
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Darren Gilbert on August 22, 2011, 02:03:27 PM
Is anyone else having difficulties accessing the article?  When I click on the link only the title comes up.

Yes, it's not just you.  It was a problem with Internet Explorer not agreeing with MS Word on proper HTML.  Go figure.  It worked fine in Firefox and Chrome.

Anyway, it's fixed now, so give it another look - it has pictures of your boat in it.  (And thanks for the heads up)

Brad Boston

I should have a sample of the shirts at the end of the week for everyone to see. This is going to be a good time, does anyone have questions aboout the venue or regatta?

Brad Boston

David Furna

Sorry to say 55 won't be able to make it to the NA's. Short season for us, hoping for a better 2012. Will be glad to crew if someone needs me.

Dave

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Brad Boston on August 23, 2011, 03:21:00 PM

...does anyone have questions about the venue or regatta?

Brad Boston

Hey Brad,

Any idea if there's a hotel that people are favoring?
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Olaf Bleck on August 24, 2011, 10:30:09 AM
Any idea if there's a hotel that people are favoring?

Holiday Inn and Best Western are the two closest, and both look pretty decent.  As I recall, they are almost next door to each other.  I would go for one of those as first choice.  The Chipican is also a great location and looked good from the outside, but we didn't go in and there are some odd reviews on Tripadvisor.

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Jay Harrell on August 24, 2011, 12:29:40 PM

Holiday Inn and Best Western are the two closest, and both look pretty decent.  As I recall, they are almost next door to each other.  I would go for one of those as first choice. 

Bid up to $65 for these on priceline and got rejected, but will keep trying in 24 hrs.  Stay tuned.

Olaf Bleck

Chipican is quoting USD$130ish on their site, though I see $54/double on hotels.com

Harbourfront Inn is CAD$90 with AAA.  "Sarnia's Only Waterfront Accommodation".  Looks decent, on Sarnia Harbor, 1.3mi from the SYC as the crow flies.

http://www.sarniaharbourfront.com/

Made a reservation there for now, $101.70 with tax for double, and no charge for a roll-a-bed.

Justin Scott

Quote from: Olaf Bleck on August 24, 2011, 01:05:55 PM
Harbourfront Inn is CAD$90 with AAA.  "Sarnia's Only Waterfront Accommodation".  Looks decent, on Sarnia Harbor, 1.3mi from the SYC as the crow flies.

http://www.sarniaharbourfront.com/

Made a reservation there for now, $101.70 with tax for double, and no charge for a roll-a-bed.

Did you go for the "Romance Package" ?
You got to be fair desperate for testimonials when you quote an "Essex Lad" .  I'll leave Matt to explain.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Brad Boston

In the NOR you will see that there are blocks of rooms at the Harbour front and Best western. They are within a 30 seconds from eachother. The Harbour front is next to two great pubs that are in the same parking lot. If it was me I would be there so we would not need to drive or walk at the end of the night.

We do have a bunch of boats available for people to stay in if needed. They are not flash but will keep you dry and there are toilets and showers all over the club. This will be good for teams needing to save money. You can also tent if needed but I would stay in a 30' boat over that.

Brad

Tac Boston

Some people stayed at the Chippican last week during the S2's and the crew was none to happy about it. I believe he was worried about the "hourly" attendants if you know what I mean :)

Brad Boston

The Holliday Inn is also next to the others but I was unable to get any deal. It does have an indoor pool and fittness center.

Darren Gilbert

Quote from: Brad Boston on August 24, 2011, 03:22:37 PM
The Holliday Inn is also next to the others but I was unable to get any deal. It does have an indoor pool and fittness center.

And a Par 3 golf course!
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Darren Gilbert on August 24, 2011, 03:34:29 PM

And a Par 3 golf course!

Heh!  Anyone want to stay and play a round on Sunday?

So indeed, there are rooms blocked at the Harbour Front Inn for the Vipers, $90/room, free roll-a-bed, continental breakfast incl. They've got them for Sep 27- Oct. 1