2011 Viper North American's

Started by Kelly Bechard, June 21, 2011, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Jones

Thanks, it's rare that my wife lets me have them back for an event...  and here i go leaving them in Sarnia.   She's pissed.

Quote from: Lee Shuckerow on October 05, 2011, 10:24:26 AM
Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 04, 2011, 07:09:50 PM
brad i think i may have left my round white offendors..  you know, you used one to hold my mast up for the 1000 mile drive up?
Offendors? We have your two white balls that you left behind.

Lee Shuckerow

Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 05, 2011, 11:01:00 AM
Thanks, it's rare that my wife lets me have them back for an event...  and here i go leaving them in Sarnia.   She's pissed.

Quote from: Lee Shuckerow on October 05, 2011, 10:24:26 AM
Quote from: Jeff Jones on October 04, 2011, 07:09:50 PM
brad i think i may have left my round white offendors..  you know, you used one to hold my mast up for the 1000 mile drive up?
Offendors? We have your two white balls that you left behind.

Woah Texas! I was talking about fenders......
Jackpot  #235

Craig Wilusz

I think that Trailer jack Thingy belongs to #99, the nice folks from Chicago.  During that wind that blew in at night, #99 fell off it's European Jack, the jack had opened, so I am guessing that belongs to them.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Justin Scott

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on October 05, 2011, 07:51:12 AM
The N.A.'s were absolutley awesome. The Boston's, race committe, SYC staff and anyone I forget to specifically mention, all did an excellent job and were very accomodating and friendly. It was great putting faces to names and meeting sailors that are as passionate about the sport as Craig and I are. Being from an area that has no vipers for us sail against (though we are trying!), participating in regattas like this enables us to learn, improve and have fun.

Thank you to a great class, great hosts and a great group of sailors ....
Deborah

See, Deborah isn't pissed. She likes us.

Great to finally meet the Wilusz team.   Look forward to meeting again next year.

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Peter Fray

Quote from: Lee Shuckerow on October 05, 2011, 10:26:51 AM
Wondered what happened to that thing......maybe you can bring it to New Orleans, if not, I'll take one from Jeff..

No problem dave we will get your fender to you when we see you next.
Here is a picture of the  trailer jack thingy

[/quote]

This is the part I lost.  It holds the wheel on the trailer.  I need to return this to John Strauss whom I chartered the boat from.

Peter

Drake Borer

Justin

I thought the article that you wrote for the N.A's was great.  Fun, accurate and reflected the esprit de corps that embodies/defines the Viper class.
It would be nice if you submitted it for the Sailing Anarchy front page (yeah some of us still look at the front page...........it is good publicity)
The amount of coverage the M24 championships got was crazy, multiple articles that went on ad nauseum about how cool the boat/class is.  It would be nice to see us (the Viper class) get at least mention.  I realize Clean is a Melges lover, but hell, Rondar sponsors the Sport Boat forum and give them money.  They ought to at least give us some mention?

Brian Shores

Drake,

Clean has given the vipers their fair shake in the past, so definitely a good idea to throw it up on the SA home page.  However, be forewarned that some naysayers may chime in about only getting 21 boats, I think a thread already started on that.  Looks like the level of competition at the top was good enough to prove everyone wrong.  There's already 30 lined up for the HPOD this weekend and that regatta will probably get more coverage than NA's did.  Looking forward to 2013 in Houston where we better have 50 on the line, so no excuses for a media fallout!

-Brian

Justin Scott

Hey Brian,

Im looking forward to Houston in 2013. It'll be a hoot and we have some good publicity ideas ahead of it.

Don't forget to drop in on Marblehead for 2012 NAs, on your way to Houston.

Ian Nicholson from the Brit team has emailed me saying that Yachts and yachting + Sail world might pick up the article. PLEASE if anyone has ANY PICS, please send them to me or to Tucker so that they can be embedded in the article. A pic is worth a thousand words. 
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Oh and I just heard from Harvey, he has been editing his video and any moment,we will have a video of the event embedded on the web site. Cool.

There is another unofficial version which includes my cartwheel in the last race. This version is available at $1,250  (checks to class association) from Harvey.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

The NAs has made it to Yachts and Yachting in the UK. Thanks to Bro Nicholson.

www.yachtsandyachting.com/news/?article=159870 
Viper - Mambo Kings

David Chapman

Quote from: Justin Scott on October 06, 2011, 01:25:52 PM
There is another unofficial version which includes my cartwheel in the last race. This version is available at $1,250  (checks to class association) from Harvey.

how bout a beer instead?

i'm still dreaming about that run, best run of the year!
wish we had a speedo

Harvey Barnes

David, it was great meeting you and the team in Sarnia.  Thanks for your contribution to the video.

The video report is finally up on YouTube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwfzPZuAaH8

(Available in HD.  WARNING: Shaky video due to conditions... err... sailing withdrawal.)

Harv

Craig Wilusz

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Lee Shuckerow

[/quote]

how bout a beer instead?

i'm still dreaming about that run, best run of the year!
wish we had a speedo
[/quote]

Hey Dave that last run was pretty awesome. We did have a speed and were sailing pretty deep. We held a pretty steady 15knots most of the way with a few shots into the upper 16s pow 17s. We were watching you guys had her turned up going for speed and had to be a least several knots faster than us on that last run. Have a good one.
Jackpot  #235

Matt Rowlinson

Quote from: Harvey Barnes on October 08, 2011, 04:38:57 PM
David, it was great meeting you and the team in Sarnia.  Thanks for your contribution to the video.

The video report is finally up on YouTube at:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dwfzPZuAaH8

(Available in HD.  WARNING: Shaky video due to conditions... err... sailing withdrawal.)

Harv

Wow--great job Harv.  Fantastic video--should be a great promotional tool for the class.  Thanks & good to see you again.

Matt CAN 70