2011 Men's Champsionship Qualifier

Started by Jonathan Nye, January 12, 2011, 10:01:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan Nye

It's a long way off but folks should know that the US Sailing's Mens Championship (Mallory) and Womens (Adams) Championships will be held at Lake Norman November 6-9. The men will sail Ultimate 20s, the women, Flying Scots. Having the two championships together is a plus.

Why's this relevant here? We're being asked consider hosting the Area A (MA/RI) and B (CT/NY) in Vipers given the growth of the class and the relative similarities of the U20 and the Viper. This would be a bring-your-own-boat affair.

There's a chance the two area qualifiers would be sailed together at one location. And since the schedule is already crowded, it makes good sense to hold the qualifiers in conjunction with a pre-existing event. Given this, the YRA of LIS Championship Regatta, August 6-7 is a leading candidate. Racing would be out of Indian Harbor YC in Greenwich CT.

For those that don't know, the YRALIS Regatta is a multi-fleet, multi-venue event w/ boats ranging from Lasers to Etchells to various PHRF racers. Vipers have participated and it would be great to grow the participation.

Jonathan

David Furna

alright, sorry Jonathan...but I've read this a couple times and I'm not sure what it's all about...
We are being asked to 'host" area A and B in Vipers?

where can I read more about this? Sounds like fancy Yankee racing rules ;-)