2011 Mardi Gras Race Week

Started by Jeff Jones, October 26, 2010, 07:06:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Jones

Entry list @ 16 Vipers and holding.    It sounds like our three Texas hold-outs are leaning toward making the event, just finalizing plans.  That would take us to the 20 mark.   

20 boat's with participation from Texas, the SE and a lone entry from Sarnia would be pretty impressive. 

Question;  to date, what is the largest regatta we have had outside the Northeast.  (not counting the NA's last year).   We had 9 at several Texas events last year.   11 this year in Arizona.    Anything bigger?

Tim Carter

We had 14 this past Sept for the Anarchy Fest...   Texas is rockin, sure wish is I could be there.  :)
Lt Coast Gov

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Jeff Jones on January 21, 2011, 11:01:53 AM
Entry list @ 16 Vipers and holding.    It sounds like our three Texas hold-outs are leaning toward making the event, just finalizing plans.  That would take us to the 20 mark.  

20 boat's with participation from Texas, the SE and a lone entry from Sarnia would be pretty impressive.  

Question;  to date, what is the largest regatta we have had outside the Northeast.  (not counting the NA's last year).   We had 9 at several Texas events last year.   11 this year in Arizona.    Anything bigger?

Back in 2009 we had about 12 boats at four different regattas in Georgia and North Carolina.

And Charleston Race Week has had over 30 in 2009 and 2010.

Jeff Jones

Well, we're not going to break Charleston's record but if we're to maintain the second highest number of vipers outside the NE  (or largest turn-out off the East Coast)  we'd better pick up a few more boats.  Sounds like LBRW might draw twenty plus this year.  Lot's of hard work by Timmy, and class $$'s to support as credit. ;-)

By the way, signed up for Charleston today.  I think the early discount expires on Jan 31.  FYI

Craig Wilusz

Any word on RV parking at the event?
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Olaf Bleck

Hi All,

I have a line on a pretty nice looking boathouse directly across the park from NOYC.

2BR, king/queen plus some air beds.

"On Lake Pontchartrain - 1500 SQ FT, 2 bdrm, 1 1/2 bath, jacuzzi, washer, dryer, renovated. Covered boat slip 40 ft X 20 ft. West End park directly across the street. 10 minutes from the French Quarter."

Looks sweet in the pix too, and the owner seems like a nice guy.

Sounds like it would be perfect for two crews/boats.  He's making sure the slip's roof is high enough to get a Viper mast under.

It's $250 a night, +$75 or $1500 for a week, but I might be able to get him down a little, so it's like $45/night pp.

Anyone interested in splitting it with my crew?  (direct email: [email protected])

P.S. I'm officially still on the fence between Miami and MGRW but this might put it over :-)  I'm getting a kick out of the lobbying.  Glad to know when one's wanted!

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Brad Boston

I just booked at the Day's Inn for $65 a night if you do not get the house this is really cheap.

Olaf Bleck

Hi all,

Sad to say, I'm heading to Miami.  'twas a close call.

Have a great time and I'll be down next year no doubt.

I do have a line on this boathouse which is ~100yds from the yacht club.  It unfortunately doesn't fit a Viper (24' roof over slip), but it's a 2BR place that can sleep six with some air mattresses, and he's willing to do $225/night + $75 cleaning fee.  It looks pretty nice from the pix.

If interested, email me at obleck [at] gmail and I'll put you in touch.

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Jeff Jones

We hope you have a great time, and look forward to seeing you next year.

I'll pass along the boathouse info. 

Craig Wilusz

Interest eating up about Demo Day at MGRW.

Including this individual:
http://www.ryanfinnoceanracing.com/
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jeff Jones

Second that Craig.  I've had mass emails about the demo day.  Sorry your going to miss it - sounds like whomever is there will be busy!  

Have you checked out the NOYC forum?  Even the latest thread regarding the seascape ends up pointing in one direction..  viper!

Edit / Add;   Possible charter available for MGRW.   Email me for details  viper640tx (at) gmail dot com

Jeff Jones

Thanks to a generous donation from North U and a private individual the Viper 640 fleet will have Kattack trackers and Race Analysis at Mardi Gras Race Week!

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Jeff Jones on February 21, 2011, 12:52:08 PM
Thanks to a generous donation from North U and a private individual the Viper 640 fleet will have Kattack trackers and Race Analysis at Mardi Gras Race Week!

Oh goodie - I'll be able to see just exactly how far behind I sailed!

Jeff Jones

Well Jay, this Sunday i got to watch my wife and two of her girlfriends walk away from us in 15 - 20 knot's and breeze.   At least with the kattack i have proof that did actually beat her to a windward mark (before she passed us down-wind). 

Sounds like you fella's had a great time in Florida!   Less than 3 weeks my friend!

Steve LeMay

We are going to have North U Tactics and Trim CD's for give away too.