2011 Arizona Yacht Club Birthday Regatta and Leukemia Cup

Started by Greg Jackson, December 02, 2010, 01:39:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Glenn Selvin

Quote from: GLENN VANHEEL on January 08, 2011, 12:38:19 AM
finnster lives a few blocks from me. he can pick it up whenever. worse case scenerio leave the boat in the water for the weekend. i'll call you tommorow night.

Glenn VanHeel:  I'm in Huntington Beach at Brookhurst and Atlanta.   You're near by?  And when you say I can pick it up...  you're refering to your boat and trailer?  If so, I'll bring your boat to ABYC along with Dave, we'll put Dave's boat in the water, put your boat up on furniture pads on dollies and put your boat in Dave's space, and put Dave's boat on your trailer.  If I pick up your boat on Sunday, I'll put it in my driveway, and then Dave and I can do the trailer swap during the week.  I'm racing my Capri 25 on Sunday, but can pick up your boat after that, or Monday, or whatever...  you tell me.   Will your boat be at your place in HB?  Call my cell at 714-904-0530 so we can work out details.

Glenn Selvin

Quote from: Tim Carter on January 08, 2011, 01:07:16 AM
Mabye we should stick the big keel in his boat also...  show him how the rest of us live ......    =)

Tim, is that so we can kick your ass fair and square?  Still smarting from Turkey Day???  :)

David Morse

I hope you know I love the way all of us live.  Glenn, Ken, and I are looking forward to sailing and hanging with all our wonderful Viper friends.  This among other things is the reason this class grows so fast with such wonderful people.
Thanks GVH for the loan of the trailer-- you are making this event possible for us.
Now I need to remember the offramp for that rocking Mexican Eatery.
Y'all have a good one.

Grant Hill

Hey Greg

Hinrich (GBR 601) and company would be interested in sharing a slip with others.  Hopefully we travelling with Timbo

Thanks
Grant Hill

Jeff Jones

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Jeff Jones on January 11, 2011, 06:32:41 PM
West bound, hammer down.  New Mexico by 10.   

Damn, wish I could be there.  I guess it's just as well, because I would not have been able to get to the ATL airport this week anyway.

Greg Jackson

Looking forward to seeing everyone in a few days!

The tent goes up tomorrow morning.

We have two wide slips reserved with the option for more if needed... don't forget a copy of your registration and insurance for the slip!

Beer, rum wine and food - check!

Maureen and Dan come in tomorrow as well - I can't wait to hear her speak Saturday!

Now pray for wind!

Glenn Selvin

Ahem, has there been any wind?  Should we bring out beach chairs just in case this is a regatta where we're kept on shore all weekend?

Tim Carter

Bring chairs... you will need them for the campfire lies & weenie roast..  ;)
Lt Coast Gov

Dan Tucker

Day 1 -Plenty of wind! One memorable screaming run where we were hitting 15's & 16's according to Juan's Velocitek. An epic ride, with the ranking up with the best I've ever had. Chris Ann was a bit shocked I think, but Maureen and I were hootin' and hollerin'. There were a few keels airing out on a few runs and even on one beat. This blizzard escapee was very happy in the AZ sun in just shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt.  :)

Day 2 is shaping up nicely, though with probably slightly less breeze.

Race it like you stole it.

Greg Jackson

Quote from: Dan Tucker on January 15, 2011, 12:33:17 PM
Day 1 -Plenty of wind! One memorable screaming run where we were hitting 15's & 16's according to Juan's Velocitek. An epic ride, with the ranking up with the best I've ever had. Chris Ann was a bit shocked I think, but Maureen and I were hootin' and hollerin'. There were a few keels airing out on a few runs and even on one beat. This blizzard escapee was very happy in the AZ sun in just shorts and a long sleeve tech shirt.  :)

Day 2 is shaping up nicely, though with probably slightly less breeze.

Dan & Maureen, I don?t think Chrisann has ever seen the bow that far out of the water! 18+ reportedly! Thanks! She was ready to clean the barnacles off the bow!

Congratulations to Jaun Mauri for winning the event and to the other Texans for showing up! Also, thank you to all of the other out of state vipperers (Mark Hinrichs, Drew Harper, Tim Carter, Judi, the  Jeffs - Young and Jones, also everyone else from Colorado and California)!

Also thanks to Pete Lyons for coming from CA and shooting the event! The link to his pics will come soon!

I hope all of you have safe travels?

If you can, please let me know how we can make next year even better!

Greg
USA 46
heroin

Greg Jackson

Sorry,

I forgot to give a big thanks to all for donating to the Leukemia and Lymphoma Society and also Maureen's Paraolympic endevor.

You guys are awesome!

Greg

Garett Greenhalgh

Dan & Maureen, I don?t think Chrisann has ever seen the bow that far out of the water! 18+ reportedly! Thanks! She was ready to clean the barnacles off the bow!

Congratulations to Jaun Mauri for winning the event and to the other Texans for showing up! Also, thank you to all of the other out of state vipperers (Mark Hinrichs, Drew Harper, Tim Carter, Judi, the  Jeffs - Young and Jones, also everyone else from Colorado and California)!

Also thanks to Pete Lyons for coming from CA and shooting the event! The link to his pics will come soon!

I hope all of you have safe travels?

If you can, please let me know how we can make next year even better!

Greg
USA 46
heroin

[/quote]

Thanks for a Great weekend.

Minor correction on the photog, it was Peter Howson (saillog.net) he has got some great shots from this weekend. Peter Lyons is from SF.

Tim Carter

Wow, what a weekend...  ;)  I had a wonderful time seeing old friends and making new ones.  Thank you Greg and the entire AZ Viper contingent for all your hospitality.  Great meeting Dan & Maureen and look foward to great things ahead for the Viper class.. 

Timbo
Lt Coast Gov

Dan Tucker

I'm back in Marblehead, the weather announcement prior to landing was 17 deg F, and I thought, "Turn this plane around NOW!" Currently 23 deg F, snowing, with freezing rain to come. Not a cactus in sight. Now I can only look forward to Miami!

I had an absolute blast. Friday was pretty fantastic, including that one epic run. I struggled to find boatspeed in the uber-light stuff, but who cares. I never even looked at the scores on Sunday. This regatta was all of the things I love about the Viper class- great fun on the water and greater fun ashore with friends old and new. I'm thrilled that I FINALLY got to a western regatta to meet a bunch of folks who were previously online only friends. I hope to get to TX and Long Beach later this year too.

Greg, thanks for loaning me your boat and Chrisann! Thanks also to Tony and Greg for getting Maureen and I out there in the first place, to have Maureen speak, and your incredible hospitality.

BTW, Maureen is now officially and completely snake-bitten! She told me she's going to be miserable going back to the Sonar for the next 2.5 weeks. Not that I didn't already know this, but she is a FANTASTIC kite trimmer -light air or nuking. Anyone know where I can get a carbon tube long enough to span the tanks at the mainsheet, to build her a transfer bar? We need to work on her body mechanics and an adaptive aid for transfers during tacks and gybes.

Thanks again to all!

Dan
Race it like you stole it.