2010 NA's

Started by Tim Carter, July 07, 2009, 07:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tim Carter

Are there dates and venue for the '10 N.A.'s yet???.... I did not see a linky @ the home page
(we got's to to our "planning")

Timbo
Lt Coast Gov

Dan Tucker

Who wants to run 'em??

Southeast somewhere?
Race it like you stole it.

Justin Scott

The South East fleet reps have a proposal for the rest of us. They were consulting their group.They were going to get back us by the end of June. I will chase them up.

Here are some clues:-

1. The location is a dress rehearsal for sailing in heaven.
2. The water is blue and warm.
3. There is a local Viper fleet.
4. It will probably attract 50+ Vipers.
5. Sadly, this year, its not on the West Coast.
6. The host club is drop dead gorgeous, including pool and tiki bar.
7. Superb Race Committee which hosts world class regattas.
8. Think about the only world class regatta sponsored by "White Rum"
9. Think of beaches, palm trees, great eating and night clubs.
10. Its not Novia Scotia. 

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Jeff Jones

Justin -> I'm sold.   

Tim Carter

Low humidity time of year....right?

:)
Lt Coast Gov

Dan Tucker

Someone needs to invest in a trailer, a truck and someone needs to drive the bloody thing. PITA.

I was thinking of a stock car carrier 18 wheeler sort of dealie. The sort that delivers new cars from the factory. If they're wide enough, I'd think you'd easily be able to get 6-8 Vippers on board. Outsource!

RIGHT NOW those guys would be cheap for a cross-country haul!

Greg Jackson

All the car carriers in my neighborhood are busy hauling repo's!

Dan Tucker

Boats would need to be tilted somewhat to fit. Brian said he doesn't know what the designer was thinking when he made the boat so wide that it wouldn't fit easily into a car carrier, a container, etc...  ;)

Drew Harper

We can just slice the seat tanks off of them and bolt them on like the Longtze's LOL

Fortunately the boat is so flat that it won't take a ton of heel to make it fit. May want to have Paul look at custom cradles  for this.

Certainly if we could find a way to loads these onto rail or carriers it would make our travel lives MUCH easier. Perhaps some of the engineering types here can devise something?
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Brian Gleason

Chris Wessels of the North American Hobie 16 association has a 40something-foot trailer in which he transports 8-9 boats to various events, including the 2010 Charlotte Harbor Regatta. Not sure how that would translate for monohulls, but it may be worth checking it out.

He hires a driver and the rest of the folks fly to the event.

I can pass on his info pending his OK, if anyone is interested.

Brian

Tim Carter

BUMP....

Any further updates on 2010 NA's yet.....  We're all waiting  ;)
Lt Coast Gov

David Morse

Matt Sole

Its perfectly acceptable for the 2010 NA's to be annouced after the 09 NA's. I just hope it is done quickly!

Oh by the way do the US Virgin Islands class as part of North America for this purpose?
I would be sweet to have the NA's at the St Thomas YC.  A night mare to get the boats there though.

Good dream!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Justin Scott

The location of the 2010 Viper North American Championships will be....................................................................... ...announced this weekend.   Are you on tenterhooks?
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Viper - Mambo Kings