2010 NA's

Started by Tim Carter, July 07, 2009, 07:46:11 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Justin Scott

Quote from: soley on December 05, 2009, 10:36:00 PM
A few points here;

1. It appears we are racing one day less than the Star but one more than the Melges 20/24 and J24. Racing Wed - Sat practice on Tuesday, correct?

2. Will we have our own start line or will we share with the Melgi and J?

3. Why the hell did they invite the J24??

1. Correct we have 4 days of racing. One less than Stars and one more than the Melges.
2. Melges declined to share a start line with the Viper. (Please no hassling M20 owners about about this. Let's welcome them. This was not their decision. Melges wanted both their classes on one line)
3. Bacardi looked for another class to put on the additional line. The lightenings have their Southern circuit. the Etchells said yes, but then figured that on top of Jaguar it was too much. So the eager J24s got their opening. Hopefuly they all decide to buy Vipers.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Matt Sole

I am a little disappointed that we have to share a line for the NA's. It was so great having the last one as a stand alone regatta. Things like quick restarts really make all the difference.
I assume they will start the J24's ahead of us. I suppose we got a little spoiled by the outstanding quality of the last NA's!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Drew Harper

The 24's will HATE the 20's. Based on the slow turn times at CRW, this will only be compounded by the relative speed difference between the M24 and M20.

Soley, you're right on. It was GREAT having our own line. The J24's will crowd up the lanes, sadly. We need to embrace them all and have them join the Viper ranks. Let's make sure we invite the J24's to all of our events. It would be somewhat unique and would send a strong and clear message....'sell your shitbox'...um, er...I mean, 'come over to the fun fleet.'
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Dan Tucker

There is absolutely nothing wrong with a J/24 that can't be fixed with a chainsaw and a dumpster.

Dan
(14? years of J/24 racing!)
Race it like you stole it.

Matt Sole

Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Dan Tucker

Quote from: soley on December 08, 2009, 12:05:06 AM
Classy Mr T classy
Hey, I tried to kill one by sinking it, but it was salvaged.  :-0

Great class in its heyday, but a horrible boat, in so many ways.

Matt Sole

So it looked like my hopes for doing the NA's in Miami were dashed when my boat booked a charter. Today they canceled!! Wohooo!

Need to get my arse in gear and get everything sorted!!

Miami here I come!
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Lee Shuckerow

You cant miss this one soley!
Jackpot  #235

Olaf Bleck

Hi all,  I'm relatively new to Vipers but looking to charter one for Miami (or at least crew).  If you know of anything, please let me know.  Thx!

-Olaf (Boston resident, Miami native)
617-513-9841
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Drew Harper

Quote from: obleck on January 26, 2010, 05:12:23 PM
Hi all,  I'm relatively new to Vipers but looking to charter one for Miami (or at least crew).  If you know of anything, please let me know.  Thx!

-Olaf (Boston resident, Miami native)
617-513-9841

contact Ron and Harv. They own three Vipers and I do believe they still have a boat available for charter. Harvey Barnes <[email protected]>, Ron Schute <[email protected]>,
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

David Furna

We've got 20 boats listed for Charleston, but only 9 for Miami?

Jay Harrell

Quote from: White Snake on February 01, 2010, 08:54:42 AM
We've got 20 boats listed for Charleston, but only 9 for Miami?

Miami requires payment at the time of registration, which I assume has people waiting until closer to the deadline. 

David Furna

oh, I got ya. Everyone else saved $50 by entering Charleston by 1-31.

5 more weeks!!

Justin Scott

HERE IS HOW YOU CAN SIGN UP NOW AND PAY LATER.

PLEASE SIGN UP NOW TO AVOID THE LATE FEE AT END OF THIS WEEK.

SEND THIS ATTACHED FORM DIRECT TO BACARDI........YOU AVOID LATE FEE BY SIMPLY REGISTERING. PAY AT YOUR LEISURE.

The website registration provider needs to get paid at time of registration, because it is a paid service!  Locals can register directly. Now the Viper fleet can as well.

Lets get registered. 
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Dan Tucker

Whoo HOO!

I just scored 2 superb crew, 1 a 127 lb rock star woman. They're locals, don't need lodging and can probably score me a free place to stay as well.

Suddenly I'm even MORE excited about this regatta. Now I'm thinking about the sailing, rather than the driving!

I'm also inspired to drop some weight. Might even get to the gym. Shocking. Maybe I should just grab a beer and lie down on the couch till that impulse passes...

I love it when stuff comes together like this.  :)