March 18-20, 2011 Columbia Sailing Club in Columbia South Carolina

Started by Jay Harrell, December 03, 2010, 10:48:58 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Harrell

The Columbia Sailing Club has invited the Viper fleet to participate in a midwinter regatta this coming March if we can scare up a few boats to make the trip.  There's one local Viper located there, with the potential for more.   The venue is beautiful, the club is friendly.  It's in between Miami and Charleston - but the very next week after Miami, so the schedule may be a little tight, but we'll only need a few boats to make a fleet.

Any interest?

March 18-20 Columbia Sailing Club in Columbia South Carolina is working on putting together a midwinter regatta that is going to act as a " tune up" regatta before Charleston Race Week. Although CRW is almost 3 weeks after we are scheduling it in March so northerners may leave your boats at CSC until CRW. This is a firm date but this is NOT a notice of race just yet. I would really like to encourage the Ultimate 20 class to help and try and make this a "Midwinter Championship" event or some sort of that. I have spoken with Viper guys and they seem to be interested in a "Midwinter Regatta/Championship" event. The main goal of this regatta is to help get some participation to Charleston Race Week and to give some guys from up north an opportunity to de-ice a little and get a nice early spring sail in the south.  Lets keep this an open discussion and as being co-chair of this regatta I would like to know who would be open to coming down. I am open to any and all ideas. Looking forward to see what you guys have to say. Thanks.

Sincerely,
   Steve Rose's Crew : Alex Bolan

Olaf Bleck

If it makes sense I'd certainly drop my boat there on the way back from Miami, with maybe a couple of flights back and forth...?  It'd be leaving it somewhere at or south of Charleston.

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)