2011 Viper North American's

Started by Kelly Bechard, June 21, 2011, 10:14:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Kelly Bechard

It?s time to make plans to attend the 2011 Viper 640 North American Championships!

Registration is online http://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=468 . Entries received prior to August 1, 2011 will be entered in a draw to win a free jib from Doyle Boston Sails.

Sarnia Yacht Club
Sarnia, Ontario, Canada
September 28 ? October 1, 2011

Schedule of events
Wednesday September 28
0800-1000    Registration, Sarnia Yacht Club
1300       Practice Racing
1600-1700    Registration, Sarnia Yacht Club
1900       Skippers Meeting

Thursday September 29
0800-0900    Registration, Sarnia Yacht Club
1030       Warning, First Race
1830       Post Race Gathering Dinner

Friday September 30
1030       Warning, Racing Resumes
1900       Dinner, Sarnia Yacht Club

Saturday October 1
1030       Warning, racing resumes
1400       No Races will be started after

For full details check the Notice of Race http://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=468

David Furna

So only 3 days of racing? I thought it was 4, plus practice day......need to change schedule a little bit.

Matt Sole

Really should be four days. I would personally like 2 days of racing, layday, 2 days of racing, lots of fun.

I hope that someone has located the closest Kart track.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Jay Harrell

Quote from: David Furna on June 22, 2011, 01:03:46 PM
So only 3 days of racing? I thought it was 4, plus practice day......need to change schedule a little bit.

I bet they would be very happy to let you do more practice on Tuesday...

Tim Carter

Any comment from the organizers on the typical breeze that time of year??
Lt Coast Gov

Tim Carter

Quote from: Tim Carter on June 30, 2011, 07:08:23 PM
Any comment from the organizers on the typical breeze that time of year??
Bump....    :)
Lt Coast Gov

Brad Boston

It should be a breeze on regatta....Now that I said that it will be the oposite but the reason for having it at this time of year was for the 15++.

Drew Harper

Quote from: Brad Boston on July 14, 2011, 12:33:01 PM
It should be a breeze on regatta....Now that I said that it will be the oposite but the reason for having it at this time of year was for the 15++.

Knock on wood!
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Brad Boston

Planning is going great for the event. We have less than two months to go before we start racing. Is there anything I can do to help people get organized?

If you are planning on flying in I would recommend Detroit Airport or Flint MI. These are both about an hour away on the Michigan side and are the cheapest and easiest to fly into. If there are enough people flying in around the same time we might try and send the Doyle Van to pick people up. (try our best).

Brad

Doyle Boston Sailmakers
120 Michigan Ave.
Point Edward, ON
N7V 1E6
(519) 344-5236

Craig Wilusz

Any cottages or house for rent in the area? 

Might be interested in housing up with a boat or two and spliting a house/cottage.  Some times less costly than hotels.

Thanks for doing all this work, Brad.

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Brad Boston

Go to tourismsarnialambton.com and there is a listing of everything available around Sarnia. I will also ask around for you.

Brad

Brad Boston

Craig,

Here a few cottages. We are also looking into some other ideas.

http://www.tourismsarnialambton.com/main/ns/4/doc/71/area//orderby/NAME/sort//seek//totalrows/49/pos/19/area/

http://www.tourismsarnialambton.com/main/ns/4/doc/71/area//orderby/NAME/sort//seek//totalrows/49/pos/19/area/

This is an apartment building right at the club. It says they have some available as "cottage"
http://www.tourismsarnialambton.com/main/ns/4/doc/71/area//orderby/NAME/sort//seek//totalrows/49/pos/15/area/

Jay Harrell

I had no idea Lake Huron water was so blue.  And beach cottages here are super-cool.  Here's the view from the porch, but the picture doesn't capture the color well.  The brown water in the foreground is where you can see the sandy bottom, beyond that all blue.

Jay Harrell

Email below from Sarah at Gowrie.  If you don't already have insurance for your Viper, you need to talk with these guys right away!

Dear Viper Class:

I manage the One-Design Insurance Program at Gowrie Group and currently insure many Viper 640 sailors. 

I am excited to offer two ways that your class and its members can take advantage of our One-Design Insurance Program.   

1)       Custom insurance for your championship: I have created an insurance flyer which is specific to your upcoming championship regatta.  It details our insurance benefits and the pricing for both an annual insurance policy and event-only insurance. One very important benefit is that our insurance program includes $300,000 of third party liability insurance, with the option to purchase up to $2million in coverage. Most NOR?s require sailors to have this.

2)       Purchase insurance instantly from our website at www.gowrie.com/onedesignquote

Some highlights on how our One-Design Insurance Program benefits sailors:

Cost is based on where you use your boat  ? Sailors staying local are given a significant price break

Endorsed by US SAILING ? Members eligible for a 10% discount

Thousands of sailors in the program ?  All types, from club racers to Olympic champions

Third party liability of $300,000 included ? Many US regattas, marinas, and clubs require proof of this

Up to $2mil in third party liability available ?  In today?s litigious world, many sailors want and need this
Worldwide coverage is available  ?  Most insurance for small boats does not cover worldwide use

Racing is covered  ?  Many insurance policies exclude racing

Charter insurance options available ?  Most insurance policies exclude charters

Claims managed by Gowrie?s marine experts  ? Claims paid quickly, Gowrie Group is your advocate

Instant online purchasing ?  Buy online anytime of day with a credit card

If you have any questions about the One-Design Insurance program please contact me. Good luck with your championship!

Sarah

Sarah Davidson
Gowrie Group
One Design Insurance Program Manager
[email protected]
p: 860.399.3627 
f:  860.399.2865
c: 860.227.5266

Get a quote and buy a One-Design Insurance policy online: www.gowrie.com/onedesignquote

Jay Harrell

I've posted my family trip report from the Sarnia One Design Regatta.  It gave us a great chance to check out the venue in advance of the 2011 NAs there coming up in just a few weeks.  Let me tell you, it's going to be a great event.

Click here to read the full report or visit the class home page at viper640.org ....

And if you haven't signed up yet, please go to http://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=468.  Payment can be deferred, so please sign up early if you might be coming.

(View of Lake Huron from the Bluewater Bridge)