Lake Norman Mid Winters

Started by lborn, January 29, 2008, 09:32:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

lborn

March is quickly approaching and we would love for you to join the 3 Vipers on Lake Norman (largest lake in North Carolina) for the Keel Boat midwinter regatta being held March 8th and 9th.

This is a great opportunity to get boats from the North East and South East fleets together, and help to show case the Viper for the first time to Lake Norman, as well as a fun regatta to help get ready for Charleston Race week, and for me an opportunity to learn from the rest of you, having just received my new boat.

We would love to invite those of you that are interested in a viper or are waiting on your new boat to arrive to come and join us, and we will arrange to get you out on one of the boats.

The NOR can be found at; http://www.lnyc.org/content.aspx?page_id=70&club_id=716915&item_id=2511

Lake Norman Yacht Club, puts on a great event and have fleets of , S-2 7.9, U20, SJ 21, Ensign, J-22, J-24, J-27, J-29 and J-80 also sailing in this regatta.

For those of you coming from the North, we will also arrange storage of your boat, between St. Pete and Charleston Race week. Please let me know if this is something that you are interested in. Justin has already taken us up on this offer. There is also a great possibility of being able to get some of these boats to Charleston prior to Race week.

David Eve
(704-618-4229)

Jay Harrell

#19 will be there!

For those of you who haven't been, Lake Norman Yacht Club is a real treat, and this is a great regatta to showcase the Viper and support our three local boats. 

lborn

Registration is now open.

http://www.lnyc.org/content.aspx?page_id=87&club_id=716915&item_id=41642

As soon as the Club sees that we have 5 boats, they will put an announcement on their web site about the Viper Fleet, so hurry up a register. There is a large contingent of U20's from Canada, who come to this event every year, and they like to have a fun time, so be prepared to enjoy yourselves.

Let me know if you have any questions.

David Eve