Author Topic: HYC Midwinters, Feb 19 - 20  (Read 1333 times)

Jeff Jones

• Extremely Active
HYC Midwinters, Feb 19 - 20
« on: February 14, 2011, 11:07:34 PM »
Looks like we're going to have 7 or 8 boat's on the line for this event. 

Friday we're having an informal tuning day..   

Looks like the animal will be sailed by a womens team..  i'm racing with Roger D from Austin.  Tac Boston will be down crewing for "El Paso Bob". 

Ben Robbins's new boat will make it's first appearance. 

fear the monkey

Jeff Jones

• Extremely Active
Re: HYC Midwinters, Feb 19 - 20
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2011, 09:42:21 AM »
After being cancelled on Saturday because of dense fog, Sunday turned out to be a blast.

Wind was in the mid to high teens for most of the day.  Top speed recorded by a team was just a little over 14.   

Drake Borer, sailing with his usual crew Geoff Arold and a pick-up future viper owner Brian Shores took First with a 1,2,1.

Carrie jones sailing with Jody Henry and Corey grabbed a solid second with a 2,1,2 (chicks rule!)

Roger Deatric finished third with Crew Jeff and Owen Jones.

Good times!   Something more in-depth with pictures in our Feb newsletter later this week.

Drake Borer

• Very Active
Re: HYC Midwinters, Feb 19 - 20
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2011, 04:33:24 PM »
Chicks may rule, but even they must fear the monkey!

What a good time!  Can't wait to see the gopro footage of parking lot antics ( but having your son drag me under a truck is no way to build a fleet jones!)

Watch out for Houston people!  There are some great sailors there and with the rapidly expanding viper fleet on the bay, I suspect it won't be long before most of us are chasing them!

Next stop for this crazy train..... New Orleans... Ah the possibilities are endless (and scary)