"Snowbird Series": Florida, Winter/Spring 2011

Started by Olaf Bleck, October 24, 2010, 08:46:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Oliver

St Pete last year on a U20 - first day cancelled for cold/storm/snow, second day one of the coldest and windiest I have ever raced (Lake Michigan in early May, 38 degrees, 30 knots, was worse), third day I didn't want to get off the water!  Average about 9. . .  :)

Can't get the time for Charlotte Harbor, wish I could.
I can get to the NOOD, and it is a great place for a race notwithstanding the wind.
I can get to Miami.
I will definitely go down the road to Charleston.

David Oliver
Touch of Grey  #91

Justin Scott

Mambo Kings will 100% be at Miami for the Bacardi Cup.   Its three days March 10-12  (I noticed that the Viper newsletter said Bacardi Cup start on 7th.  Only the Stars start racing on 7th)

The Bacardi Cup is a legendary event and it is also the first stop in the Viper's Pan American Championship series . Round 2 is simultaneous regattas at Long Beach Race Week, CA and Newport Race Week , RI June 24 -26. The third and final round is at the Viper N' American Championships at Sarnia Canada. 

Mambos are certainly interested in doing the Coral Reef Cup in Miami between Bacardi and Charleston.....if plans are made SOON.  Mast up storage would be a HUGE plus.

Then on to Charleston  in April. Let us start registering for Charleston.

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee