New home for #41

Started by Jeff Douglas, October 13, 2010, 08:12:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jeff Douglas

hello everyone, just purchased #41 from a member of the Marblehead fleet. The boat's new home is on the south shore of Lake Ontario in Olcott,NY, which is 18 miles east of the Niagara River. Hope to hook up with the other 2 boats at this end of the lake to hopefully work towards piecing together a fleet for this region. If things go as planned, I'll travel to a few regatta's each year, probably starting with Cork in 2011.
I want to get a Carbon stick and Gnav kit ordered soon, so let me know who I should contact to get this rolling. I'll join the class association but wonder if I should wait since we're nearly at the end of the year.
Thanks

Drew Harper

Welcome to the fleet Jeff. You'll ove it and the boat.

Order parts directly from Rondar. I assume your boat has the keel mod done already?

I'm attaching the West Coast Upgrade Form...same one for East, you should probably drop a copy to your Rep, Paul Zimmerman so he can stay on top of shipments coming into his zone.

I'd join the class soon. There's lot's of info that gets out only to class members. It's not much $$.

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Matt Rowlinson

Hi Jeff--welcome to the fleet--it is great to have another boat on Lake Ontario.  We sail # 70 out of Bronte Harbour YC just west of Toronto; the other boat in the area is owned by Hank Wissenz in Niagara on the Lake.  We should definitely get some OD racing going at our end of the lake next summer--maybe pick a regatta and enter all 3 boats.  There are usually regattas at Bronte and at Hamilton during June.

Matt CAN 70

Lee Shuckerow

Don't forget the other lakes that are close by. Detroit mood regatta happens in the spring and there is a one design regatta in Sarnia Yacht Club in July.
Jackpot  #235