2008 San Diego NOODs

Started by Greg Jackson, November 01, 2007, 09:43:23 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Greg Jackson

The NOODs are in the air!

March 14-16th - San Diego!

A fresh straw poll showed a minimum of five Vipers from Arizona... possibly three more.

Who else is in? Nor Cal? Oregon? Texas!

Also, do we want a three day regatta, or shorten it to Saturday and Sunday?

Your input will help me set it all up!

Thanks,

heroin
USA 46

Greg Jackson

More news from the NOODs...

Its official, we are a class in San Diego. We just don't know where...

"We?ve been discussing with the Race Committee at SDYC and their final response is for the Viper?s to plan on attending the event, but that your sailing venue cannot be determined at this time.  We have so many classes now and we?re running out of room to put them.  We?ll be having a conference call in early December to discuss the issue further."

More news to follow, start making plans.

USA 46
heroin

Kay VanValkenburgh

sounds like a blast! have heard great things from everyone that sails in the San Diego NOOD. I'm sitting here wishing there were a quick, easy way from Boston....

I've added the event to the website calendar. Heroin, would you mind keeping the info up to date? (and keep letting people know just how great it's going to be. Who doesn't love to get worked up in advance, right?)
first boat I ever owned was viper #28; it was a gateway drug.
my current viper is #98; I can't sail it enough.
the resulting sailing addiction's ok up to that point, but come Winter whydahell do I also have to frostbite a Laser?!

Brad Buck

Anyone looking for crew- viper owner interested in coming down from the great white north (Canada) for the weekend.

Any boats interested in Seattle?  Long haul for most of you!

bradbuck at telus dot net

Greg Jackson

It is official, we are only racing Satuday and Sunday. Kinda sucks, but everyone going to this regatta is traveling to it so giving up extra days off of work is kinda expensive...

The course location is still up in the air. We are hoping for course 'C' out of Coronado Yacht Club. Across the street from the 'Hotel Del'. If we get a start there we will sail around the bouys with 29rs, I14s, Buccaneers and a few other sports boats. That will be nice to show our speed!

So far I think that there are five of us that are commited. Once again I have to use the phrase that "that kinda sucks" for our introduction to the San Diego  NOODs.

Who else besides us Arizoninans want to play in SD?

Alan#38

I would love to fly down from Portland and crew for someone.  It would be too much to try to get my boat down there.  Please let me know if someone could use another hand. 

alans-at-schampsystems.com

Greg Jackson

Time to enter for the San Diego NOODs!

Register online here...

http://www.sailingworld.com/nood_regatta.jsp?location=598

See you there!

Greg Jackson

It has been confirmed... we are sailing out of Coronado Yacht Club! Couse C.

Greg Jackson

Three of us are signed up!

Greg Jackson         46
Laurent Dion          31
John Riddell           21

We need two more to make this happen. March 3 is the deadline for a fleet, so step up!

Greg Jackson

Hello Class Coordinators,

I was on the Sailing World website earlier and noticed that only one class (Ultimate 20) has formed for the 2008 Sperry Top-Sider Regatta in San Diego.  Just as a reminder, the deadline for classes to form is March 3rd, which will come up quicker than we think.  Also, the $50 late fee will start February 25, for people who have not registered before that date.  It might be a good idea to start making some calls or sending some emails if you haven't already done so to get your fleet signed up so we're not scrambling around when the deadlines come.  If there is anything I can do to help, please let me know.   

Thanks and good luck!

Valerie

Greg Jackson

Its official! Were gonna get NOOD! Thanks for signing up, were going to put on a great show.

http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_fleetsplit_list.php?regatta_id=1676

Still time for late bloomers to register (read Dennis ;) ).