#29 is back on the Grid!

Started by Darren Gilbert, October 11, 2010, 09:36:57 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Gilbert

I just wanted to post to thank the Viper Forums for all the help with Viper #29.  My restoration project is close to complete.  The boat should be good to go for this weekend's Viper regatta in Sarnia!

These forums are a great wealth of knowledge and the help I've had getting my boat updated shows how eager the class is to work with new owners.  I've tried my best to keep notes along the way so if someone else finds an old boat in a barn there's some good instructions on how to bring her up to speed.

In particular I'd like to thank Kelly Bechard, Brad Boston, Lee Shuckerow, Eric Vigrass, Ben Steinberg, and Jeff Jones. 

Looking forward to meeting many of you in person at a regatta soon.
Thanks again!
Darren
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Olaf Bleck

Congrats!

Any idea on how you made out on the weight?
East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Darren Gilbert

No idea at all.  I'd love to find out though!

Kyle Reese-Cassal

I'd love to see some pictures of the process.  Especially the spinnaker bar.

Darren Gilbert

Hey Kyle,

There's some pics up on my blog.  The link is in my signature line.  I'm in the paint stage right now, and still have to put my new spin sock in, but all the epoxy work is done.

Thanks again for sending your old spin sock to mast head.  They were great to deal with from my standpoint as well.  So much so that I bought a top cover from them and it fits very well.

Darren

Lee Shuckerow

We had the pleasure of sailing against Darren on #29 in sarnia recently and the boat looked great and didn't seem to lack in the speed area at all. Glad to have another Viper in the area.
Jackpot  #235

Darren Gilbert

Thanks Lee.  I had a great time sailing the Sarnia regatta as well.  I really wish I was sailing NA's but other commitments (damn weddings) got in the way.  I'm glad that my boat will be racing, only problem is if it does well I'll be out of excuses other than 'Operator Error".

Sarnia is truly an amazing place to sail.  Everyone with a Viper should be there for NA's (you'll regret it if you're not!).  Fresh water, steady breeze, beautiful facilities, wonderful volunteers, and all at a very inexpensive price when compared to other ragattas.  Lee, Kelly, and the Bostons have done everything they can to make this regatta a great success.  I'll be there to watch at least one day of racing.

Good luck to all!

Justin Scott

Glad you'll be at sarnia for one day. Look fwd to congratulating you personally on the project. Come and share some EFG rum with us all.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee