Viper Lifting Bridle

Started by Craig Wilusz, October 01, 2010, 07:20:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Craig Wilusz

Hello all.  Looking for a Viper 640 lifiting strap/bridle/harness.  Does anyone out here know where to get one for hoist launching or the measurements and line/strap requirements?  Thank you.

Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Kevin Blank

Craig,
I can measure mine and give you the lengths.  It's a pretty simple three wire setup.

Kevin

Craig Wilusz

That would be awesome.  Thank you.
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Drew Harper

Here's the measurements of the stock bridle.

2 legs at 58.5" hoist ring to end of shackle
1 leg at 132.5"  hoist ring to end of shackle

I suggest making the long leg 134.5" so the boat rides bow down on the hoist keeping the mast away from the crane arm.

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Kevin Blank

My long strap is close to 135 inches, but my short ones are about 50 inches.  My setup is wire at 3/8" in diameter.  I guess I need to drag my boat over to Ft. Walton...

Matt Sole

I have the stock bridle with a 3 inch extension on the longest strop. To make one easily I would just use 3/8 to 1/2 inch spectra. It is way oversize but that means you can just tie bowlines to the clips with confidence, also you don't have to worry too much about wear and tear.
I wouldn't go with wire as it is scratchy and just a bit crap to store.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Jeff Jones

Second the .375 spectra.  I went that route.  For shackles go to home depot...  4 or 5  bucks ea vs 30 again marine store.  For my bow strap I run around the bow, under the reinforced pole housing and back to a loop in that line.  Keeps from having to fuss with removing the job tack etc.  It also gave me piece of mind.

Congrats on the new boat, look forward to seeing you back in tx for some events.... and maybe new Orleans.

Matt Sole

I clip onto my jib shackle. That way you can launch with the jib set up or not.
I know there is not much load on the bow line but not sure if I want to put strain constantly on that point
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78