Test Drive?

Started by David Hillmyer, June 27, 2010, 11:10:16 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

David Hillmyer

Greetings,

Been following the class for a bit now, would like some info/contacts for arranging a test sail somewhere in FL.

Thanks,

Dave
Sarasota, FL
[email protected]
941-284-5901

David Hillmyer

Still looking for contact info to set up a look at the boat... Tried the link to the FL rep., no response. Any suggestions?

Dave

Craig Wilusz

I am interested to in a test drive in the Florida area.  We are located in Northwest Florida, closer to Alabama.

Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on August 23, 2010, 08:01:40 AM
I am interested to in a test drive in the Florida area.  We are located in Northwest Florida, closer to Alabama.
Craig

Craig,  The closest boats to you right now are mine in Atlanta, and David Guggenheim in Savannah, and either of us would be willing to take you out for a ride.  There is also a nice used boat for sale in Atlanta. 

Dave, I apologize that your inquiry fell through the cracks.  I'm trying to see what happened there and get someone in touch with you.  You are also welcome to come visit Atlanta or Savannah, but we should be able to find someone from Miami to contact you.

And for both of you, Paul Zimmerman is the East Coast Rondar rep, so it would be good to email him and clas prez Justin and let them know of your interest.

--Jay

Drew Harper

We have demo boats in all 3 locations now. If you are heading West on Business, let us know and we'll get you out !!

Drew 415-543-7333
[email protected]
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Jeff Jones

Watch out for that craig guy.. he's trouble ;-)

Drake Borer

Come out to austin.  Meet some great people, do some good sailing, and melt.......107 degrees today!  Great viper event in late sept (it'll be cooler) and guaranty a good taste of the viper culture, both racing and partying!

Lee Shuckerow

I always say the best way to test drive a boat is to look up a regatta that is close by and ask if there are any boats not sailing in it. Jump in the fire so to speak. There's a big regatta of 30-40 boats coming ip in NY called HPDO and would be a great test drive. There are several regattas in Florida over the winter and I'm sure someone would happily take you out during one of those events.
In the spring we get 30+ boats in charleston and jumping on one of those boats for a test drive would be pretty easy as well.
Be careful though the last few people we've had on the boat have gone out to buy one.
Jackpot  #235

Drake Borer

I am not sure that sailing a regatta on Jackpot is truth in advertising,...............after sailing with you guys it would seem that every race is winnable and sailing fast is easy and expected.  Hell, if you let me crew with you I might buy a second boat! :)

I gotta agree though, there is nothin like jumping into the fire.  I had done very little sailing and almost no racing with my boat, and then did Miami Race Week with Paul Zimmerman.  I had a blast, learned a ton and got a true feel for the boat and the crowd.  (Dark and Stormies on the rain out day was an awesome time to catch my breath, if not any sleep!)  Even if there aren't any boats available to charter, there is bound to be someone looking for crew.

Robert Bernard

I have hull #76 in Melbourne, FL if you are still interested in checking out a Viper.
Viper #76   Navi-Gator

David Hillmyer

Robert,

Any chance of you doing the MYC small boat regatta in the Viper in Oct.? We came over last year last year and had a good time.

Dave

Robert Bernard

Quote from: David Hillmyer on September 11, 2010, 12:20:14 AM
Robert,

Any chance of you doing the MYC small boat regatta in the Viper in Oct.? We came over last year last year and had a good time.

Dave

Definitely! I'm looking forward to it! Although I will be sailing handicapped as that weekend is one design racing and I will probably be the only viper!
Viper #76   Navi-Gator

Justin Scott

There are also two boats in Miami
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

David Hillmyer

Robert,

My girlfriend and I might bring our Lasers over to the Small Boat Regatta at MYC, maybe we could go out for a spin on your Viper before or after the racing? We're really interested in the class but just haven't had a chance to sail one yet.

Dave

Robert Bernard

I think we can work something out. Not sure if I'll be racing in that regatta or not. I'll be the only viper, so no one design. (probably will be though)
Viper #76   Navi-Gator