Tuning guide

Started by Drake Borer, June 11, 2010, 03:51:12 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drake Borer

I have a quick question about the tuning guide-when it says Plus or minus 2 or 3 turns is the intent full turns or half turns (yeah I know it doesn't say "half" turns, but it would seem to me that after sailing with a group of viper guys, that a "turn"is a full turn to about half the guys and a half turn to the other half.). Anybody have LOOS numbers that correspond to the "turns"?

Drew Harper

Hey Drake. How the hell are ya?

Too many variations for a LOOS number to be intrinsically correct. Temp, humidity, mast step...etc.

Turn's are full, not half.
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Drake Borer

Chris Shaughnessy

I always think that's a good reason to have only one person do the rig adjustments - or you might end up with a 'half turner' on one side and a 'full turner' on the other side ......   

Lee Shuckerow

Or a backwards turner on both sides.
Jackpot  #235

Somers Kempe

Hmmmm.... Yeah - I am not saying anything like that took place on our boat at CORK! Nope not at all!  ;)
Viper 640 #262 - "Smokin" - Bermuda

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Somers Kempe on September 03, 2010, 03:21:33 PM
Hmmmm.... Yeah - I am not saying anything like that took place on our boat at CORK! Nope not at all!  ;)
Nope. I've never done that either. No, not ever!  ;)

As my Dad used to say, "I never make mistakes. I thought I did once, but I was wrong."

P.S. Will be consuming some of the Barrits tonight, as Earl passes by. Thanks again!  :)
Race it like you stole it.