Looking for a Viper 640 to try out the class

Started by Nick Turcotte, May 04, 2010, 05:09:36 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Nick Turcotte

Hey guys my roommate is thinking about getting a Viper as the class is exploding and they look like a ton of run. Ideally he would like to try one out a bit first for a few regattas on a borrow or charter basis. I am sure there are a few of these boats out there just sitting on their trailers waiting to go sailing. Looking at the schedule we would like to do the following regattas this year: wickford, newport coastal living, Heineken regatta in NY, and I believe there may be one more that I am forgetting. We don't even care if the boat still has an aluminum rig. A little back ground on the crew the helm was team captain of URI sailing team, forward person was also a college sailor and summer sailing coach, and myself I have extensive sport boat sailing in melges 24, 32 and wairere. We as a team won the SB3 class last year in the Newport Coastal Living Regatta and after seeing the vipers out and the growth of the class we want to join in on the fun. If any one could point us in the direction of getting a boat that would be hugely appreciated.
Cheers
Nick

Matt Sole

You could charter #72 currently based in Phoenix. Normally in these circumstances if you decide to buy the charter fee is included in the purchase cost.
2 year old boat hardly used seems a great deal @$22k.

You also have the Marblehead NOOD which is considered the home regatta of the new class association and there is also a week night sportsboat series starting up in Newport this summer.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Lee Shuckerow

Harvey Barnes has his business called Advantage Boating that has three boats ready for charter.  500 a day with new sails and everything up to date and he is located in Ottawa. His boats have been in the top three in almost every regatta and his two boats went 2nd and 3rd in North Americans in Miami. Harvey can be reached at [email protected]

Jackpot  #235

Nick Turcotte

Thanks for the help guys and yes the NOOD's were on our list of regattas but I just couldn't remember the name of it.  It looks like we may have found a boat that was going to be unused this season, I will keep you posted.
Nick