Forward foot chocks

Started by Ben Steinberg, April 17, 2010, 04:26:52 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ben Steinberg

If you would like to add the forward foot chocks to Bennett or early Rondar boats a class legal production set of parts is available.  Foot chocks come complete with nonskid pattern applied in either gray of white.  Measurements for mounting location are available.  The cost is $200 per set.  

Please contact

Ben Steinberg
Bensteinberg at comcast dot net

Ben Steinberg

I was asked how complicated it is to install these parts...  The answer is its fairly easy and should only take a few hours at most.  I've outlined the basic steps to give any fence sitters a better idea. 

The first step is to locate the foot chocks in the boat.  I have a set of measurements that was taken off a rondar mk3 boat.  Place the parts in the boat and trace the outline of both with a pencil.   Next abrade the surface inside the traced areas where you will be applying adhesive.  Scratching up the surface with a grinder, dremel, or sander should be sufficient.  Clean both surfaces and apply thickened adhesive resin to both the boat and the foot chock.  Put the chock into position and press it down lightly so the adhesive squeezes out evenly all the way around.  Wipe up the excess.  After everything is dry the glue seam can be touched up with gelcoat or paint to match. 

Ben Steinberg

still making these.  dont wait till the last minute to order.