Holmenkol Sail 'Seal and Glide'

Started by Drew Harper, February 05, 2010, 03:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Harper

Quote from: Robert Bernard on July 28, 2011, 08:18:21 PM
Any idea why they killed the product line? Is there a replacement on the horizon?

They didn't sell enough of the product to warrant the production cost. We are scouring the planet for a replacement. Closest thing so far is a material to remove permeability of parasail wings.

The good news is I just bought 2000ml of the stuff in bulk. I will purchase some small plastic bottles and repackage it into 50ml and 100 ml sizes.

I suspect this will hold us over until either we can commission a short run production cycle from the patent holder or find a replacement.

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on July 28, 2011, 07:44:41 PM
Thank you Drew and Spinnaker Sailing.  I placed the order Monday over the phone and had the product in hand Thursday (in Florida too).  Great service.

Thanks Craig. USPS has become a remarkably reliable fixed cost shipping solution.
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Ben Jacobsen

your site up yet with a shop we can order from or are you still stuck in the 90s drew? ;)

Drew Harper

Quote from: Ben Jacobsen on August 05, 2011, 09:19:30 AM
your site up yet with a shop we can order from or are you still stuck in the 90s drew? ;)

Yeah, sorry Ben. I'm old fashioned. I like to have folks call with credit card numbers. I've had two issues with my card numbers being stolen from sites that I've purchased from online. Didn't cost me any money but did cost a huge amount of time.

I apologize to everyone for us remaining in the 'old days.'

FWIW, I ask everyone turn off their cell phones as people board whichever charter boat I'm driving. I try to slow things down a bit underway explaining that as a good thing to do. Most are happy with the suggestion but there are some who tell me to GSY :-)))

Ben Jacobsen

you should do it via paypal, less hassles and lost card issues.  But I understand.

Luke Porter

Quote from: Drew Harper on July 22, 2011, 12:54:54 PM
We bought up the last of the Holmenkol. Have both 25 ml ($25)  and 100 ($45) ml kits in stock. Shipping is $8 any where in the USA.

What's the scoop on getting this stuff over the border to Canada? It doesn't look like any of my in-country suppliers stock it.

Luke.
"Porkchop"
Can 166
Halifax, NS

Somers Kempe

Viper 640 #262 - "Smokin" - Bermuda

Matt Sole

Quote from: Drew Harper on August 05, 2011, 11:32:48 AM
Quote from: Ben Jacobsen on August 05, 2011, 09:19:30 AM

Yeah, sorry Ben. I'm old fashioned. I like to have folks call with credit card numbers. I've had two issues with my card numbers being stolen from sites that I've purchased from online. Didn't cost me any money but did cost a huge amount of time.

I apologize to everyone for us remaining in the 'old days.'

FWIW, I ask everyone turn off their cell phones as people board whichever charter boat I'm driving. I try to slow things down a bit underway explaining that as a good thing to do. Most are happy with the suggestion but there are some who tell me to GSY :-)))

HTFU Drew, I send my bank details every couple of months to nigeria , loads of get rich quick schemes with these guys.

So does one 25ml bottle do one kite?
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Drew Harper

Quote from: Luke Porter on August 07, 2011, 12:05:20 PM
Quote from: Drew Harper on July 22, 2011, 12:54:54 PM
We bought up the last of the Holmenkol. Have both 25 ml ($25)  and 100 ($45) ml kits in stock. Shipping is $8 any where in the USA.

What's the scoop on getting this stuff over the border to Canada? It doesn't look like any of my in-country suppliers stock it.

Luke.

Hi Luke. I have no idea. We typically ship it via USPS so I don't imagine there's much issue...but I really don't know.

Quote from: Matt Sole on August 08, 2011, 01:51:09 AM

HTFU Drew, I send my bank details every couple of months to nigeria , loads of get rich quick schemes with these guys.

So does one 25ml bottle do one kite?

I make millions weekly the very same way ;-)

Yes Matt. 25ml kit works fine. I suggest the garbage bag technique....mix it up, stuff the kite into. 33gal garbage bag, pour in the HK, shake and bake. I rotate and shake the bag for a couple of mins, take a break, the a couple more mins. Have some visqueen laid out...spill the kite onto the plastic, let it dry. Take any left over (there won't be hardly any) HK and do the entry of the spin sock with it. You can buy a 100ml kit and it'll do your kite 3 times (resealable bottles) and and plenty left over for the sock.

Quote from: Somers Kempe on August 07, 2011, 07:47:39 PM
can this stuff travel by plane?

Yup. Not sure how much it costs to ship to you though. I suppose Fedex?

Quote from: Ben Jacobsen on August 05, 2011, 04:45:09 PM
you should do it via paypal, less hassles and lost card issues.  But I understand.

I know Ben....  but I've been burned by PayPal twice now. I can't support their horrible customer service. I'd prefer to keep this within the normal confines of my credit card merchant account, for simplicity. It's not that hard to simply place a phone call is it?

Our number is 415-543-7333

Matt Sole

Phones calls are soo last century. Text.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Michelle Lee

Drew, do you happen to have any of this left?  If not, do you have a recommendation on what to use instead?

Keith Magnussen

Quote from: Michelle Lee on February 12, 2013, 02:05:34 PM
Drew, do you happen to have any of this left?  If not, do you have a recommendation on what to use instead?

I have some left at the loft.  We bought a lot of it when it went under. 

Also use McLube but I don't think it is as good

Drew Harper

We are nearly out of Homenkol and we're remodeling the office so I want to get rid of extra stuff.

25ml kits we're $49 (does one kite)....we're now selling 3 of them for $99.

100ml kits are $125.

USPS shipping is $9 (48 state)

We take M/C, VISA, and Amex.