Holmenkol Sail 'Seal and Glide'

Started by Drew Harper, February 05, 2010, 03:53:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Drew Harper

This stuff is VERY sliperry and much cheaper than McLube.

One application lasts pretty much for a season. You literally mop it on with your sail laid out on some clean Visqueen, hang to dry. Your kite will stay pretty dry even when doused repeatedly.

We have it in stock now.

Sells for $19.95 plus shipping (typical $5-8 depending on locale)

Here's the application guide

http://www.envere.com/SNG AP GUIDE.pdf#sng ap guide

Very cool stuff!
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Drake Borer

Hey Boomslang, what's your web address so I can order some

db

Drew Harper

Quote from: seamonkey on February 05, 2010, 06:48:23 PM
Hey Boomslang, what's your web address so I can order some

db

My number is 415-543-7333. I don't have a webstore yet. Working on it with the next generation sites. Won't be up until July.

I can take M/C or Visa over the phone.

Best to you . . . Drew

Chris Shaughnessy

treated chute last week (and sock plus luff of Jib) then tested it out at Larchmont NOODs over weekend.
What a difference it made - speaking as the guy who does the hoists and douses, the reduction in friction was awesome,  never been able to do a clean windward douse before but everything we tried came off smoothly. Even with waves breaking over the bow (and bunches of chute), the lack of friction against the sock means so much less effort to pull it in.   

Olaf Bleck

I treated my original gen-1 kite with it too and I would say I was happy with it.

BTW, didn't bother painting the stuff on.  I just mixed it up in a home depot bucket, stuffed the whole kite in, and kneaded it around until evenly soaked.  It soaked up pretty much the entire batch.  Then hung up to dry.  It was the small retail-sized package.

East Coast: Viper #56;  West Coast: Viper #24 (available for charter)

Tom Miller

After having tons of difficulties with douses during CORK last month, we are interested in trying out the Holmenkol SNG product for the HPDO.  Does anyone know if there is a local vendor nearby so we can apply this to our spin while we setup the boat next Friday?

Our local chandlery has never heard of this product line and they are usually pretty good about getting new products as soon as they are available in Canada.

Thanks.

Olaf Bleck

I got if from jamestowndistributors.com

HOL-25200
SEALnGLIDE 100 ml

$39 plus shipping
You'd likely have it by the end of the week if you order it asap.

Drew Harper

Just a suggestion. The small kit works if you put the sail in a bucket, mix the kit, pour it over, squish it around and hang to dry.

We sell small kit for $24.95 plus shipping. I send almost everything flatrate priority mail. Not sure if they send to Canada.

Olaf Bleck

Quote from: Drew Harper on September 28, 2010, 04:15:13 PM
We sell small kit for $19.95 plus shipping. I send almost everything flatrate priority mail. Not sure if they send to Canada.

Drew, where do we go to order from you?  Wish I'd known that before shelling out $39...!

Drew Harper

Just call the office and they can take the order 415-543-7333.

I'll make sure to get it out the very next day.

Robert Bernard

Mixing in the bucket guys - do you adhere to the 500ml of water suggestion? It seems like a rather small amount when trying to get the whole kite wet in a bucket. That's the amount of water in a little water bottle. Does it hurt to use more?
Viper #76   Navi-Gator

Drew Harper

Quote from: Robert Bernard on October 20, 2010, 05:11:04 PM
Mixing in the bucket guys - do you adhere to the 500ml of water suggestion? It seems like a rather small amount when trying to get the whole kite wet in a bucket. That's the amount of water in a little water bottle. Does it hurt to use more?

I used the bucket method and while it's ok, not nearly as good as the lay it out and wet the whole kite flat. Too many pocklets with too little material on it. I wouldn't change the dilution. I think it will make a big difference in longevity.

I'd suggest getting the bigger kit. You can just measure out the appropriate amount and save the rest for later or just get all your friends together and make an afternoon of doing all your kites.

Bigger kit is 100ml and $45 but is 4 times larger than the small kit at only double the price.

Jeff Jones

Here's a picture demonstrating proper Holmenkol technique