2008 St Pete NOOD, Feb 14-17

Started by Jay Harrell, August 28, 2007, 08:25:33 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Harrell

It seems so far off, but will be here before you know it.  Wanting to make a few advance plans (such as securing a babysitter), I did some digging on the SPYC site and found the dates for the 2008 NOOD.  And knowing how easy it is to change hotel plans later, I went ahead and made a reservation for the Hilton for the weekend.  Sally and I were based on the Hilton last year and being walking distance to everything really was wonderful, not to mention the comfy beds and a fantastic view of the bay from the 15th floor lounge.

Now all I need are five other boats to make a class.   Anyone?

But wait, there's more!  If one trip south is not enough we are more than willing to share the rest of our extended sailing season.  I can arrange boat storage near OSYC (middle Georgia) and offer before-and-after regattas for those so inclined. (Nothing formal, just fun)  It would also be worth considering two regattas at Lake Norman: Carolina Keelboat One Design (CKOD), Nov 10-11, and the Midwinter Keelboat One Design, in mid-March 2008.  These two race combined with the NOOD has become a sort of winter circuit for the U20 fleet and our Viper at LNYC has extended an invitation.

(So, can you tell it's been a long and hot summer and I'm dying to get back in my boat again...)

Kay VanValkenburgh

I'm already planning on St Pete's, and am interested in sharing a house again - worked out wonderfully last time, and loved having a yard, a driveway in which to park 3 vipers, and the camaraderie!

Let me know who is interested in the house (a.k.a. Viper Central)
first boat I ever owned was viper #28; it was a gateway drug.
my current viper is #98; I can't sail it enough.
the resulting sailing addiction's ok up to that point, but come Winter whydahell do I also have to frostbite a Laser?!

Jay Harrell

Okay, folks it's really time to start making plans - February will be here sooner than you think and hotels and houses fill up fast.  Kay and Jay make two boats - but we need six or seven.  So if you have any interest at all, go ahead and reply and put down your marker, as I have zero desire to race in "level PHRF" down there.

Joe Sircely

Considering making the trip from Dallas. 
"dude- this thing is fast"

Justin Scott

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Kay VanValkenburgh

Excellent! This will be a blast - start getting signed up, folks. It's a good chance for Viperers from as far away as Texas and Massachusetts to meet up with the boats more conveniently located. (Really itching to get back on the Viper; I love frostbiting the Laser, but somehow it's just not the same...).
first boat I ever owned was viper #28; it was a gateway drug.
my current viper is #98; I can't sail it enough.
the resulting sailing addiction's ok up to that point, but come Winter whydahell do I also have to frostbite a Laser?!

Jay Harrell

I spoke with Alex Bolan the other day and he says that they are in for St Pete too.

Justin Scott

Tides
St. Petersburg, Tampa Bay, FL,
February 14, 2008
2008-02-14 Thu 01:21 EST Moonset
2008-02-14 Thu 02:18 EST -0.38 feet Low Tide
2008-02-14 Thu 07:08 EST Sunrise
2008-02-14 Thu 11:53 EST Moonrise
2008-02-14 Thu 18:20 EST Sunset
2008-02-14 Thu 18:32 EST 2.16 feet High Tide
February 17, 2008
2008-02-17 Sun 04:32 EST Moonset
2008-02-17 Sun 06:12 EST -0.79 feet Low Tide
2008-02-17 Sun 07:06 EST Sunrise
2008-02-17 Sun 14:58 EST Moonrise
2008-02-17 Sun 18:22 EST Sunset
2008-02-17 Sun 22:41 EST 2.18 feet High Tide
Viper - Mambo Kings

sailingent

I have some vacation coming, some hotel and airline FF points about to expire and wondered if anyone needs crew for St Pete NOODs. I have been several times with an Ultimate so I know my way around.

Justin Scott

Damn......sorry we're all set gent. We will have a much larger contingent at St pete next year....but by then I guess the miles will have expired.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Jay Harrell

How cold is it in Boston today?  Here's what you have to look forward to in a few days....

Thursday: Sunny, with a high near 68. Northeast wind between 6 and 8 mph.

Friday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 73. East southeast wind between 5 and 8 mph.

Saturday: A 30 percent chance of showers. Partly cloudy, with a high near 74.

Sunday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 71.