Viper SE Inland Championship

Started by atgracely, September 17, 2009, 03:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Brad Boston on October 07, 2009, 12:00:00 PM
I have a Guy out of the U 20 class that would like to try a Viper. Who has room for him? He is a good Sailor and great Guy...
Brad

My boat is full on Saturday, but has a space on Sunday (both this week and next week).

Lee Shuckerow

Also we have another decent sailor that wants to sail a viper.
Call Adam 312-813-1376
Jackpot  #235

Gary Umberger

Brad, what does your friend wiegh? We will get him out on a boat.

Gary Umberger

Quote from: Shuck on October 07, 2009, 03:55:24 PM
Call Adam 312-813-1376

Shuck, wrong number. I think I woke up some drunk that was coming down from a  full week of drinking. Then I thought about it and said maybe this is the guy. Nope he doesnt respond to Adam.

Gary

Tac Boston

Gary, the guy that Brad is talking about is around 200, I would say. He is a very good sailor has owned everything from a J 24, Melges 24 and now has a U 20.

Lee Shuckerow

Quote from: Gary_91 on October 08, 2009, 09:28:45 AM
Quote from: Shuck on October 07, 2009, 03:55:24 PM
Call Adam 312-813-1376

Shuck, wrong number. I think I woke up some drunk that was coming down from a  full week of drinking. Then I thought about it and said maybe this is the guy. Nope he doesnt respond to Adam.

Gary
sorry Gary try 312-813-1378
Jackpot  #235

Gary Umberger

Quote from: David_75 on October 05, 2009, 08:06:21 AM
Gary, we will have room for crew. It is only Simon and myself.

Hey David, call Adam who is mentioned in the thread by Tac. Try the last number brad recommends and get him on the boat. He sounds like he is very experienced. His weight sounds like a good fit for who you have on the boat.

Matt Sole

Quote from: Gary_91 on October 06, 2009, 02:27:00 PM
Hey Rockhead, who is Soley. And Soley if you are looking at this message let's make it happen please!!
We care about you MAN!!!

Gary,

I have a bum trailer right now. I had to get it welded up in Stamford.
More cracks appeared once we got back to Newport.
So the boat won't be going very far until I get a new trailer.
Would love to come though!

Cheers Matt
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Gary Umberger

Soley,

I have the same issue and I understand. I hope to see the boat @ Lake Norman..

Matt Sole

I am done travelling for this year with the Viper.
I run an 80ft cruising boat and we will be well on the way to the Caribbean by then. By the time of the Spring NA's it will have been the first sailing in a regatta since the last NA's!!

Sad but true.
Booze it or lose it

Hijack GBR 78

Brad Boston

Gary,
What is the best way to get to the Lake from 75 North. It looks like we can cut the corner but we want the fastest way.
Brad

Jay Harrell

Quote from: Brad Boston on October 14, 2009, 09:12:07 AM
Gary,
What is the best way to get to the Lake from 75 North. It looks like we can cut the corner but we want the fastest way.
Brad

If Gary doesn't have a back-roads route for you, I can give you a bit of advice for the route via Atlanta.  Avoid the north side of I-285 between I-75 and I-85.  Most times of day it's faster and it's always considerably less hassle to take the I-75 HOV lane all the way downtown, and then take the I-85 HOV lane all the way out I-85.  The i-75 to i-85 ramp is on the left with the HOV lane, so there is minimal lane changing.  The only requirement is that you have two people in the vehicle. 

Gary Umberger

I concur with Jay on the route. If you try and go across the mountians north of Atlanta the trip is killer with a trailer. Try NOT to go through at rush hour if it can be avoided. Have a safe trip.

Gary

Brad Boston

Jay Harrell

We kicked off today with an on-shore rigging discussion and then some high-speed playing on the lake.  The wind was 15 and gusting, with some funny right-shifts with each gust.   The forecast is for more of the same tomorrow - it's gonna be fun!