Viper SE Inland Championship

Started by atgracely, September 17, 2009, 03:32:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

atgracely

I was wondering if anyone needed crew for this event. I have never sailed a viper, but I am very interested in the viper class and was wondering if I could jump on a ride for this event. I have a lot of experience racing sportboats and dinghies. I live in Charleston and could easily get down there. 

Jay Harrell

Quote from: atgracely on September 17, 2009, 03:32:15 PM
I was wondering if anyone needed crew for this event. I have never sailed a viper, but I am very interested in the viper class and was wondering if I could jump on a ride for this event. I have a lot of experience racing sportboats and dinghies. I live in Charleston and could easily get down there. 

My boat is full now, but be sure to email Gary and ask him who might be looking.  He's at NAs right now, so don't expect to hear back until late next week!

atgracely

I don't have his contact info. Can you email it to me? [email protected]
Thanks

Jay Harrell

Gary Umberger

Yes, the list of boats have increase for the SEIC. We are looking to reach 14-15 boats and we are now up to 10. Let us know what we can do to help sway other folks that may be on the fence to participate.

Need crew, storage, help or ideas to make the weekend a successful outing? Just ask.

The lake is almost full pool and the fall breeses are all filling in.

Thanks
Gary

Gary Umberger

Hey it appears that we have some M24 folks (2 people) that are already snake bitten that would like to try the SEIC regatta as crew or skipper. Let's get them out there. I think we have a ride for one of them as crew.  These folks want to have a boat in a city that starts with a C and ends with an N that has over 30 Viper 640's converge on the city one week out of the year. It sure would be nice to have a local fleet there.

Any ideas let me know.

Gary

David Eve

Gary, we will have room for crew. It is only Simon and myself.

Gary Umberger

Thanks Dave, for the offer. He is already committed to Jonathan. I will keep you posted.

Gary Umberger

Viper 640 folks,
The SEIC has 12 boats committed, at this point, and we are still looking for 15 boats to make it to the goal. The last boat to commit is a skipper and crew that won the Lake Sinclaire regatta last November and placed top 5 @ CRW. Yes the tallent level for this regatta is huge. Let's see, we have attending the North American Champion, Charleston Race Week Champion and the Lake Sinclair Champion. I hope the Wednesday night beer mug sailor has half a chance.

Next we need to get JP from Savannah up here so we have another candidate that could have had a good chance to win the NA's barring an equipment failure. JP, yes we are gunning for you. You need to cash in the points and call in all the favors so you can be here.

I have heard rumblings about an appearance from Mr. Clean himself if Rockhead can work out some of the Rattler logistics with Clean.

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Gary_91 on October 06, 2009, 12:25:21 PM
Viper 640 folks,
The SEIC has 12 boats committed, at this point, and we are still looking for 15 boats to make it to the goal. The last boat to commit is a skipper and crew that won the Lake Sinclaire regatta last November and placed top 5 @ CRW. Yes the tallent level for this regatta is huge. Let's see, we have attending the North American Champion, Charleston Race Week Champion and the Lake Sinclair Champion. I hope the Wednesday night beer mug sailor has half a chance.

Next we need to get JP from Savannah up here so we have another candidate that could have had a good chance to win the NA's barring an equipment failure. JP, yes we are gunning for you. You need to cash in the points and call in all the favors so you can be here.

I have heard rumblings about an appearance from Mr. Clean himself if Rockhead can work out some of the Rattler logistics with Clean.
I can't make the logistics happen, but Soley may...
Race it like you stole it.

Gary Umberger

Hey Rockhead, who is Soley. And Soley if you are looking at this message let's make it happen please!!
We care about you MAN!!!

Gary Umberger

Quote from: atgracely on September 17, 2009, 03:32:15 PM

We have a couple of boats in need of crew for SEIC. If you have more friends that want to attend please let me know. If someone wants to fly in we have at least 2 boats in need of crew. I will get them on a boat.

Dan Tucker

From Newport, was at the NA's, red hull, "Hijack", #90-something (95? 92?).
Race it like you stole it.

John Porter

Quote from: Gary_91 on October 06, 2009, 12:25:21 PM

O.K. You may get your wish....  But be careful for what you wish for!  I am tentatively planning to come.  I'm going to tell the kids on both soccer teams to get their own coach.  I'm going to tell the wife I'm going  - period!  and I'm going to fix that damn boom before I get there!

Hope to make it happen!

JP
Cool Beans

Brad Boston

I have a Guy out of the U 20 class that would like to try a Viper. Who has room for him? He is a good Sailor and great Guy...
Brad