Author Topic: Saturday June 27  (Read 2139 times)

Dan Tucker

• Administrator
  • Extremely Active
    • Maureen's Paralympic News
Saturday June 27
« on: June 27, 2009, 04:17:39 PM »
ATWhat a great day today! A shame the fog rolled in and the RC pulled the plug, after which it cleared up, of course!  Racing cancelled on account of near ideal conditions!

7 Marblehead Vipers out today, with the breeze out of the NE at 12-14 knots, building to 16-18+ by the time we were headed in. GREAT rides downwind today, particularly for those of us who did the 3rd lap. Now everyone knows what an L course is.  ;)   (3 laps, w/l). Thanks to the J/24 Zot for interpreting that one for us before the start! Justin had his Velocitek fun-meter aboard and recorded a top10-sec avg speed of 17.7 knots. A GREAT Viper day!

We had a slight bit of drama on Rattler today, as the stainless steel spin halyard cleat mount sheared all 4 rivets while we were sailing hot in the 20 knot bit, trying to make the finish. I called the gybe a bit late, not being able to see the committee boat in the fog. Fortunately, we had lead to spare, and took the gun in the only race of the day.

Sadly, I won't be able to make it out tomorrow, as I'm taking Trent to meet his hero, Thomas the Tank engine, at Edaville Railway. As much as I love racing Vipers, this is simply more important! Ya'll have fun out there!

Dan
« Last Edit: June 27, 2009, 05:46:40 PM by Dan-T »
Race it like you stole it.

Jeffrey Young

• Active
Re: Saturday June 27
« Reply #1 on: July 02, 2009, 08:33:58 PM »
Good on Dan.  He has his priorities right!