Any secondhand Vipers for sale in UK

Started by corms, June 04, 2009, 03:55:15 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Myles Mence

Welcome Cornish Viper. Two Vipers in the UK now, this is the genesis of a national fleet. Worlds at Cowes in 2011?

corms

Well done.

I hope you enjoy the boat, hopefully I can get something sorted out.

We could get 3 at a UK National Championship, at least I might get a 3rd!!!

Myles did you buy your boat new from the UK.

Cheers

Corms

Myles Mence

Yes, Paul Young built it in spring 2008

David Eve

Quote from: corms on November 25, 2009, 02:28:55 PM
Well done.

I hope you enjoy the boat, hopefully I can get something sorted out.

We could get 3 at a UK National Championship, at least I might get a 3rd!!!

Myles did you buy your boat new from the UK.

Cheers

Corms
Great to hear that there is more interest in the boat in the UK. I have seen Myles's boat in Cowes during my last trip back.

If I ever get the chance to buy another new Viper, I would try to time it to sail Cowes week or maybe the UK "Nationals"  before having it shipped to the States. The Solent is a great place to sail and this would certainly  be a great way to help get more boats on the line to support the UK boats.

Any one that is considering buying a new boat might want to consider this option.

If you plan on doing this, let me know if you need another crew member.

corms

Hi Cornish Viper

Just wondering how you are getting on with the Viper.

I ended up buying a Finn but still interested in the Viper if I could get one in the UK.

Corms

Duncan Adams

Hi Corms,

Well we've only sailed it a few times, The boat did need a load of work so we sailed it a few times over Christmas now we are nearly there with all the work.
The sailing we have done has been good, the performance was spot on, I can see why they tweaked the boat with the keel mod and carbon rig, we layed it flat a couple of times with the boat in the old form. Still haven't got the carbon rig but have done the keel.
If your ever in the southwest come have a play I reckon we'll be back on the water in 2/3 weeks. Just starting the job of removing the kite chute roller and replacing it with the Rondar curved tube.

Ben Gilbert

Hi Duncan, how is the Viper going? Let me know if you ever consider parting with her. Can't raise the money for a new one :-(

Also Duncan & Miles and any other UK Viper owners take a look at Plymouth Race Week. They are hosting a Sports boat class within the Regatta which will include the Sea Scape Nationals, Melges and 570 and SB3 fleets as well. They are hoping for 50+ start line. I would so love to see that won by a Viper. I am based in Plymouth, so let me know if I can assist in your attendance or if you ever need crew.

Cheers, Ben
Campaign for UK Vipers

Justin Scott

To get the Viper class rolling in the UK, I wonder if you have to get a group of ten or so together and go to Paul Young and tell him you need a killer deal to get the fleet seeded.
He's got a wait list for North American boats at the moment, but if he builds a second set of molds for the class, then some UK momentum could be just what the doctor ordered.

S'pose you noticed that Cornwall is well represented in the North American Viper circuit by Matt Sole.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Ben Gilbert

Be cool Justin, dificulty is getting the first 4 or 5, people start diving in after that.

Excellent skills by Matt, flying the flag in the US.
Campaign for UK Vipers

Drew Harper

Ben, you should ping Dave Hall  viper @ rondarboats . com

He's working hard at getting some traction in Europe. I think he'll have some good news regarding some one-design activity :-D

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Ben Gilbert

Campaign for UK Vipers

Corms

Probably a stupid question but anyone know if there are any Vipers for sale yet in the UK.
Still interested