2009 Long Island Sound Championship, May 30-31

Started by Jonathan Nye, April 24, 2009, 12:49:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jonathan Nye

Indian Harbor Yacht Club (Greenwich CT) welcomes all Viperes to the 2009 Long Island Sound Championship. Should be a nice time of year for us with two days of racing.

Attached is a draft NOR. The only reason its a draft is that I've not got a final number to use for the entry fee. I expect/hope it to be around $40. Wanted to get this out and not wait. Will disseminate final number once I know it.

Jonathan

Joe Healey

Will there be boats available to charter for the LIS Champs.
Viper 121 Live Wire

Jonathan Nye

Quote from: screamingreach on April 28, 2009, 05:53:18 PM
Will there be boats available to charter for the LIS Champs.
I believe all the IHYC boats are sailing. Don't know about the Stamford boats. usa82 might be able to help out. Otherwise Justin may be in touch w/ available boats. I'll PM you in a minute w/ more details.
Jonathan

Jonathan Nye

NOR attached. $40 entry fee. Email to sign up. Low key event. Should be fun. Have adjusted the times slightly to better accomodate traveling boats.
Jonathan

Jonathan Nye

Should have mentioned... There are a number of individuals looking to start a sportboat fleet off Shelter Island. They'd thought that they'd go w/ the M20 but seeing the activity associated w/ the Viper have held off. They'd like to try the boat so if anyone needs crew or is willing to charter out their boat, PM me and I'll put you in touch w/ them.

I can't tell you how great it would be to have a sportboat fleet in Peconic Bay (and build on the momentum in and around Long Island Sound). Let's try and get the group out.

Jonathan

Jason Weisberg

USA-40 is available for charter.  She is rigged and ready to go. PM me and we will have you sorted.  FYI this regatta is a great way to acclimate for the 2009 NAs.

Justin Scott

This was lots of fun over the weekend.

Great little regatta. Represents everything that owning a Viper stands for.  Friendly gathering. Good Racing. Forty bucks. Beer and burgers on the yacht club lawn on Saturday afternoon after racing. Race Committee that bangs off four great races on the first day and two on the second day and gets us in early. Great attitude among the competitors. Tight starts (one well deserved general recall!) .

My apologies for rushing off straight after racing each day......I had to pick up my son from playdates.

I couldn't stay for the results and didnt keep track of the scores. Lady Luck breathed on me about 10 times on Saturday but she went awol on Sunday and I have no idea how I ended up but I just wanted to thank the organizers and say that I had a fantastic time on both days.

Congrats to Bill, Chris & Mrs Chris who I think must have won the title......but congrats to everyone including some new owners who were racing for the first time.  We should have more of these mini-regattas with their emphasis on informality and fun.  We'll try and include some post racing debriefs.   
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Jay Harrell

Are the results posted somewhere?  Or if someone will email them to me I will get them posted out the Viper site.    And did anyone take any photos?

Alec Rapaport

I have some photos taken on Sunday.  Will try and get them out of the camera tonight.

Jan Murray

2nd start Sunday

Jan Murray

Sunday, 2nd Race - leeward mark

Jay Harrell