2009 Viper North American Championships

Started by Jan Murray, January 21, 2009, 12:37:21 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jan Murray

I wanted to let you all know that the 2009 Viper 640 North American Championships, presented by Stamford Yacht Club, Indian Harbor Yacht Club and the Western Long Island Sound Viper Fleet is scheduled for September 17-20, 2009, so please mark your calendars!

The members of the race committee are working hard to make the regatta a great race and great fun.  More details will be posted on the website in the near future.   The first day (Thursday) will be practice racing, and the championship races will be on Friday through Sunday.

In the meantime, if you have any questions, comments or suggestions, please feel free to drop me a note here or to [email protected].

Looking forward to hearing from you-

Jan Murray

Jan Murray

The registration for the 2009 North Americans is now open at www.yachtscoring.com, and the NOR has been posted.  I will be posting more information and details about the regatta shortly.  The discount for early registration ends on 5/31, so go register!  Do you think 50 is possible?

Drew Harper

Quote from: charlotte on April 23, 2009, 07:44:10 AM
The registration for the 2009 North Americans is now open at www.yachtscoring.com, and the NOR has been posted.  I will be posting more information and details about the regatta shortly.  The discount for early registration ends on 5/31, so go register!  Do you think 50 is possible?

In the Viper class...ANYTHING'S possible :-))

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Laurent Dion

Hi Jan,

is there a chance to have charter boats available for the NA ?
Some "left coasters" are desesperate to find a way to join you guys in Stamford.
If you know anyone that might be willing to charter his boat please let me know.
(we would come with our sails of course)

Laurent - AZ desert Viper fleet captain.
Cheers.

Drew Harper

Getting sails moved is a bit of a pain. Too big for UPS. Common Carrier is the only way and they have a habit of trashing anything that isn't packed for wartime use.

Yes, please do keep us left coasters aware of anything that may be available.

Someday you'll all be traveling West for the NA's to where the winds are heavy and the fun is neverending!
#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Jan Murray

Yes, please do keep us left coasters aware of anything that may be available.

Someday you'll all be traveling West for the NA's to where the winds are heavy and the fun is neverending!
[/quote]

The committee will do its best to hook up sailors with no boats and boats with no sailors. But to get 50 on the line, this needs to be a community effort - anyone with a boat that won't be racing, and is interested in chartering your boat for the NAs, please chime in, or contact me at [email protected]

Jonathan Nye

Quote from: BoomSlang on May 07, 2009, 11:43:48 AM
Getting sails moved is a bit of a pain. Too big for UPS. Common Carrier is the only way and they have a habit of trashing anything that isn't packed for wartime use.
Policies may have changed so check w/ your airline. They may go as checked luggage especially if you call the package a "windsurfer". When I did this an Etchells main and two jibs were under the max length and weight so a Viper main and jib shouldn't be a problem.
Jonathan

Jason Weisberg

Guys and Gals the entry fee for the 2009 NA goes up after May 31.  It is discounted by $55.00 if you sign up before then. 

Jason Weisberg

Hey everyone 17 boats signed up to date.  $55.00 discount evaporates May 31 sign up ASAP. 

Jason Weisberg

20 boats signed up for North Americans lets get to 30 by the end of the weekend.  Give them something to talk about at Detroit NOOD!!!

Jason Weisberg

There is still a little time left to register for the NAs and get the sweeeet discount!! 27 boats are in. 

Jason Weisberg

30 BOATS to date this event is going to eclipse CRW in numbers and close knit fun both on and off shore.  Be a part of Viper history sign up ASAP.

Jan Murray

We have just updated the hotel information sheet and added a document that details the activities and schedule for the weekend.  Please go to www.yachtscoring.com to see them.  We will update the details as needed and let you know.  It's shaping up to be a fun weekend.

We have 31 boats registered already - don't miss Viper history - register now.  Why wait??

Jan Murray

The web site to order regatta clothing and other items at Coral Reef Sailing Apparal is now up and running.  Here's the link:

http://www.coralreefsailing.net/

You can order all your items and pick them up at the regatta, or if you prefer, you can have the embroidered items shipped to you now, for your enjoyment all summer long.  The screened items will be done in one batch, so they will be available at the regatta only.  There is lots of good stuff on the site - enjoy!