Annapolis NOOD

Started by Geoff Ewenson, March 02, 2018, 04:31:07 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Ewenson

Hey Gang,

Thanks to those who have registered. Any of those who are thinking they might do both events ACC's and NOOD please consider registering for the NOOD soon. EYC is considering whether or not they have the space to open to other classes. Vipers get first priority but it would be great to get an idea on numbers so we can be assured our group gets the space we need.

Cole Constantineau

Hi Everybody!

Annapolis NOOD was super fun last year; the hospitality from the local fleet is second to none, and the racing was really great last year!

https://yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=4473

Justin Scott

And??? 

Lets hear a quick report for those who were not there but wish they were. 
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Dan Tucker

"SNAKE!!!!"

Kay casually strolls up to the post-racing crowd in the EYC boat park and shouted that as he casually tossed a stick retrieved from the harbor at Jay Pokorski's feet, blissfully unaware of Jay's snake phobia.

Sadly, there no video of Jay's ensuing wildly hilarious escape/dance routine, rum in hand, spilling but only a drop.

Nine boats raced. We welcomed back Arni Brown who was a Viper owner in Annapolis in '96-'97, as well as Karl Smit 5o5 WC, and Bill Vickers.

Jay won the dance contest, Arni gracefully avoided joining the Viper Swim Team, we went to Davis' Pub, Peter and Rachel B showed up in the EYC bar, everyone had fun, and somebody won the racing -Mary Ewenson & the Terminally Pretty crew.
Race it like you stole it.

Peter Beardsley

Dan: Good to see you, it's been a while.
Me: You need to go to more regattas.  I'm at all of the regattas, even the ones I didn't sign up for apparently.

(we were in Annapolis for a wedding)

Good wind Friday, very light Saturday and Sunday. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Dan Tucker

I'm going to have a boat again finally, once this current container arrives. I'll be at NAs and more.
Race it like you stole it.