RED spinnaker

Started by scott ballard, March 31, 2017, 01:16:46 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

scott ballard

I'm saving my nickels and dimes for a new spinnaker. I want an all red spinnaker with a white "V" Viper logo in the middle.

Any suggestions on who I should purchase this from? Is the logo trademarked, or something?

Michelle Lee

Scott, when we wanted the Viper logo on our crew gear, the printer just asked us to get permission to use it from the class president.  I believe our current class president is Justin Scott, who is a very reasonable bloke.  Send him a PM and ask if you have permission to use the logo and then you're clear.

Best,
Michelle

John Leyland

Hi Scott,
Current Prez is Steve Chapman and Viper logos are at http://www.viper640.org/media/media-kit-logos/
Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

scott ballard

Michelle Lee

Oops, sorry on the direction to the wrong guy.  Steve Chapman is also wonderful.  Now I'm wondering where the heck I got this idea about Justin?  Seems like there was an owner's meeting in Bermuda where Justin did quite a bit of talking, but then again we were all enjoying lots of good Gosling's drinks (served out of a washing machine?) so it's possible I'm just imagining all this.  :-)

John Leyland

Yes, that washing machine could certainly cloud the memory :-)
Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Justin Scott

I fell in the washing machine .....and emerged as Class Chairperson.

As long as a sail has a royalty tag and the sailmaker has applied to the class via david Nickerson (Tech Cttee Chair) to demonstrate he is qualified and approved then your spinnaker is good.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Steve Chapman

washing machine got me too....

Love the red spin logo idea.
Go for it. All legal as Justin has said.

Cheers
Steve Chapman
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region