ANNAPOLIS NOOD 2017

Started by Geoff Ewenson, December 13, 2016, 03:18:37 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Geoff Ewenson

The Annapolis fleet is now up to 4 boats and the boys in Hampton have agreed to come north to sail in the NOOD this coming spring. With the ACC's in Hampton not too much after this is a natural stop in the mid-atlantic while all the harbors in New England thaw a bit:)

Zeke and I are working to secure Eastport YC as a host for our fleet and we have had positive feedback from boardmembers in that regard. ( you STILL cannot park in the clearly marked members only lot....sorry).

The goal is to get 15+ boats on the line. We have free storage in the local area for those that want to drop boats on their way home from Charleston. Zeke is planning to be in Sarasota for the first event. I will be down for the January and February events.

Please make plans to stop in Annapolis! Our fleet is growing here and having a large presence in the spring will help bolster that.

Feel free to reach out to me to discuss it further.

Cheers,

Geoff Ewenson
USA 248

Peter Beardsley

Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Cole Constantineau

All signed up! Looking forward to this one!

Paul Zinger

Viper dinner at Cantlers Saturday night....?

Justin Scott

The ORIGINAL Great Scott has signed up.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Peter Broszkowski

Is it a 2 or 3 day regatta?
Peter Broszkowski
Nyack Boat Club
USA 193

Nick Ward

Has always been a three day event in the past, NOR looks the same this year.

Proper Villain #165

Peter Beardsley

Classes can coordinate to do whatever they want.  If a majority of the fleet wants it to be a 2-day regatta, you can do that, as long as everyone agrees and you let regatta organizers know. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Nick Ward

NOR does not have any writing about offering 2 or 3 days, there is not a fee structure for it either.  There are NOODs that offer 2 day, normally it is spelled out in advance so ppl know when they are signing up. Normally 2 day racing is for local fleets.  Fleets with travelers stay with 3 days.

Either way the decision should be prior to April 19th when the late fee starts applying.
Proper Villain #165

Peter Broszkowski

Yes - the sooner the better. I would sign up for a Sat- Sun event but not a 3 day event.
Peter Broszkowski
Nyack Boat Club
USA 193

Nick Ward

As I am driving from Michigan, I would prefer a 3 day event. 
Proper Villain #165

Justin Scott

What we used to do as a fleet at Marblehead NOOD was have two trophies. The NOOD trophy could be for 3 days and the Chesapeake Viper Championships could be for the 2 days. ..
Viper - Mambo Kings

Nick Ward

Curious if anyone will be planning on practice sailing on Thursday?
Proper Villain #165

Cole Constantineau

I'm probably going to be arriving Thursday evening--and will be there for the three days...

Justin Scott

What happened. I know Friday was blown out....but why all the DNCs on Sunday??????
Viper - Mambo Kings