Miami Sailing Week March 9-11

Started by Peter Beardsley, October 25, 2016, 02:26:46 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Looks like registration is open.  I'm sure Buttons or someone else will chime in with details about a pre-event, Miami Scorch, etc., but for the main event, sign up today - 7 Vipers already registered: http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=2963
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Dan Tucker

I see Cole has registered a "Super Mercury" and our Gulfport YC mates have registered a "Mini-Viper" ;)
Race it like you stole it.

Steve Chapman

We are already up to 11 boats - good early registrations.

This will be a great event again this year - EFG Pan American Championship as well as the 2 day warm-up event, the infamous "Scorch" event with a great Cuban seafood lunch in Hidden Harbour on Tuesday and the Winter Viper Class dinner on Thursday.

You can't beat the Bacardi sponsored bar tents or the sparkling conditions on Biscayne Bay.

Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Peter Beardsley

Now up to 21 entries.  Guess this one is happening as usual.  Won't know if 269 can make it until a week before so if we end up signing up, it'll be on pretty short notice.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Travis Yates

Hey All,
I am trying to start and maintain a list of folks looking for crew, and also those looking to crew on other boats, for events down here in the South East Region. Please email me directly if you are looking for crew or are looking for a ride for any of the events on the Gulf Coast or in Florida. Just a very short description of what level of crew experience you are looking for or have will do. Also, if you have a team and just need a boat for any event, please let me know and I will try to find you something to sail. Travis Yates [email protected]
Sidewinder
USA #244
Sarasota Sailing Squadron

Somers Kempe

Is there a pre-regatta on the Sunday/Monday again this year?

What's the day for the Scorch??  Tuesday?  Rest/recover Wed?  Race Thurs-Sat...
Viper 640 #262 - "Smokin" - Bermuda

Peter Beardsley

Yes, same itinerary as past years:

Sunday-Monday: EFG Winter Cup - online registration and NOR posted at http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=4058

Tuesday: Scorch

Wednesday: layday, practice, registration, whatever

Thursday-Saturday: main event - http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=2963
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Craig Wilusz

We is registered for EFG Winter Cup

Already registered for Miami Race Week

Weeee hawwww!!!!
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Steve Chapman

211 is now signed up for the EFG Winter Cup!

Looking forward to Miami.

Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Craig Wilusz

It's official! 

Deborah is driving the boat the whole week, and the EFG Winter Cup. On the way home from the last Sarasota event ,after a couple of beers in the big rig, she said, "I wanna drive Miami".

This will be the first Miami event I have not hit a sand bar, hit a dock, hit another Viper, got wrapped around a pin boat anchor chain, hit a pin boat, hit an RC boat, hit another Viper again...

Thinking my ass will be on the bow.

-C
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Henry Amthor

Barb and I are sailing w/ our Daughter Keaton.
Her very first regatta so go easy on her Deb.
Looking forward to it!

David Furna

hell, I wasn't going to race Miami until I heard Debra was driving......I've got to be there to see her beat Craig into shape and win the trophy!

Craig Wilusz

I don't see Furna or Amthor on the Miami Scratch sheet?
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Craig Wilusz

Re: Miami Sailing Week March 9-11
« Reply #12 on: Today at 08:59:42 AM »
"I don't see Furna or Amthor on the Miami Scratch sheet?"

Awww, Hell.  That is Deborah's posting, not Craig's.  She already challenging folks.  Need to get her own login to keep me out of trouble.  My mouth gets me into enough trouble as it is.  -Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Henry Amthor

The A team is sailing the 1st half of the week only as
Keaton has to get back to JMU.