2009 St. Petersburg NOOD

Started by John Porter, November 26, 2008, 09:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Harrell

Neils comes recommended - I sailed with him years ago in my pre-Viper life...

Quote from: jaxsailor on January 29, 2009, 01:22:25 PM
Does anyone have a open crew position for the St. Pete NOOD?  I have experience racing Lightnings, Keel boats - J's, U20 etc. and Corsair tris.  Also keep me in mind for any of the races in the region.
Regards,
Niels

Tim Dunton

Hey All,

Got my confirmation from the nood ppl today have we arranged dockage for the fleet or should we do this individually?

Jay Harrell

I will call the dockmaster and find out where he plans to put us and post back here when I find out.  No need to call individually.

Quote from: Vibroman on February 05, 2009, 11:00:13 AM
Hey All,

Got my confirmation from the nood ppl today have we arranged dockage for the fleet or should we do this individually?

Drew Harper

You guys are AWESOME.

Thanks for putting out such GREAT participation/travel for CHRW, SP Noods and hopefully CHAWS.

#189 UK Built Mark IV Viper "DILLIGAF"

Jay Harrell

The St Pete YC Dockmaster says that he has us docked on the North side, "past the fuel docks" - which means closer towards shore.  When you arrive, you can find a map of the exact locations posted at the dockhouse.

Jay

Quote from: Jay Harrell on February 05, 2009, 11:02:48 AM
I will call the dockmaster and find out where he plans to put us and post back here when I find out.  No need to call individually.

Quote from: Vibroman on February 05, 2009, 11:00:13 AM
Hey All,

Tac Boston

I just wanted to say that on behalf of Dan, Scott and Myself we really enjoyed sailing the Viper and meeting all the sailors in the fleet!

I look forward to sailing many more regattas against you all.

Thanks for the warm welcome!
Cheers

Tac Boston

Jason Weisberg

Hey Tac great sailing with you guys as well.  Are you going to CRW?  Please plan on coming to the NAs in Stamford. 

Jason

Gary Umberger

Does anybody know where I can see the pictures from St. Pete?

Dan Tucker

Quote from: Gary_91 on February 17, 2009, 03:31:49 PM
They will be on the site soon after Felipe or I get them from Brian. He said he sent them, but I think his email to me bounced for being too big.
Race it like you stole it.

Gary Umberger

Thank you Dan you are the greatest!!!

Justin Scott

I presume that all of us who attended St Pete agree with the sentiments that I expressed in this email that I sent to the SPYC dock staff and the guys at the sailing center. (Especially those of us who left our trailers a little too long in the parking lot - blush, blush)

----- Original Message -----
To: [email protected] ; sailingcenter@spyc
Sent: Wednesday, February 18, 2009 9:57 AM
Subject: Thank You for hosting the St Pete NOOD - From the Viper 640 fleet.

Hello Nate and Shawn,

I am the Class Prez for the Viper 640 Class Association. At our class debrief after sailing in the St Pete NOOD I was asked by all the skippers to write and say "Thank You" to the staff at SPYC for hosting the NOOD regatta.

We all had a very good time time. We had some great sailboat racing and its great to hang out in St Pete (especially for those from New England in February). You guys are terrific hosts and the regatta only works because you are able to launch and pull so many visitor boats, and then find dock space for all of us. It is a lot of work for you all and we wanted to tell you that we appreciate it very much. Please pass on our thanks to all the dock staff at the club and all the folk who worked at the sailing center.

Justin Scott
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Gary Umberger

Quote from: Dan-T on February 17, 2009, 05:08:23 PM
Quote from: Gary_91 on February 17, 2009, 03:31:49 PM
They will be on the site soon after Felipe or I get them from Brian. He said he sent them, but I think his email to me bounced for being too big.

Any Pictures yet? We lost Brian somewhere in Texas, maybe?

Felipe Payet

Here are the pictures I got from Brian.  Eventually we'll put up a gallery on the class web site, but I didn't want to keep y'all waiting.

Apologies for the less than stellar quality on some of the images.  We'll work on getting that cleaned up once I get my hands on originals.

Great shots of the fleet starting all bunched up, and the three red kites chasing the white kite downwind...

Felipe Payet

a few more pictures

Felipe Payet

And the last ones...