2009 St. Petersburg NOOD

Started by John Porter, November 26, 2008, 09:39:10 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

John Porter

I just registered for St. Pete NOODs here: 

https://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_registration_form.php?regatta_id=2003

I don't think they have the auto updated entry list.  Maybe someone else can find this link to see who has registered so far.

JP
cool beans - Viper 26

Dan Tucker

Race it like you stole it.

John Porter

O.K. guys... were doing a great job of registering for Charleston Race Week.  Now it's time to show the strength in St. Petersburg for the NOOD.

Link is in my first post.

List of currently registered boats is here:  http://www.regattanetwork.com/clubmgmt/applet_fleetsplit_nood.php?regatta_id=2003

Go get 'um.

JP
cool beans - V26

Jay Harrell

The online registration is up for the St. Petersburg NOOD.

Please direct your class to:

www.sailingworld.com

Then click: NOOD Regattas

Then click: St. Petersburg under the list of locations

Then under the St. Petersburg Info Center you will see Online Registration along with some other informative links. I will be adding more information on the Info Center over the next few weeks.

The Notice of Race is located on the Regatta Info Center; please read over to answer any questions you may have.

If you have any other questions please email me!!

Class formation deadline is February 2nd; each class needs a minimum of six boats for a class to remain eligible to race. The late fee starts January 26th at 5pm EST. Please keep this is mind when sending registration by fax or mail. The last day to receive a refund or cancel your entry is February 9th.  Racing takes place February 13-15th 2009.

Thanks for your time and I look forward to seeing you in St. Pete!

Get your class signed up and ready to race!!!

Thanks
Valerie Mey

Valerie Mey
Events Manager
Sailing World/Cruising World
NOOD Regattas

[email protected]
(W) Phone:401-845-5112
(C) Phone: 401-683-8783
Fax: 401-845-5180

Justin Scott

I just registered.

Last year the J24s were the largest class with 24 boats. Can we be the largest class this year? That would be quite a coup.

If we really wanted attention grabbing headlines, how about we shoot for the largest class in three out of seven NOODs:-
St Pete, Marblehead and Larchmont (which is looking like it will be the weekend before the date WLIS is proposing for the NAs). It is entirely feasible. Can you imagine three boat loads of Viper sailors in the Carribean the following November?
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

John Porter

I would be up for getting going in St. Pete in January and then just leaving the boat there.

Let me know who else is interested.  I have a conflict for Janaury 10th-11th (in New York) which conflicts with the North Georgia boys regatta in January.  Later that month is O.K. though.

JP
cool beans - Viper 26

Jason Weisberg

That is twisted JP I'm going to GA and you coming to NY I am taking my boat to ST Pete after the GA regatta where do we store the boats?
Jason

Tim Dunton

Anyone needing crew for the NOOD?
Experienced racer can do pretty much any position
Based in LA (Lower Alabama) / Atlanta. Might be able to help moving boat if needed

Tim

Brian Bennett

Tim,

Standby. I do not have crew lined up as yet but I am sure either I or another as yet unreg'd boat can get you aboard.

All watchers.... Lets get the numbers cranked up. We should be able to get to 20 boats. Only 6 weeks away.

Anyone needing to move a boat, please let me know. Rondar now has a 4 boat trailer! There will be a charge for this service, but still affordable, and will save you the tedious drive time.

See you in St Pete.     Brian

Tim Dunton

Thanks Brian
Will do
Still looking at a possible charter too

Tim

Jonathan Nye

What are people doing about accommodations for this event? I've not done anything but if anyone has interest in sharing a house, let me know.
Jonathan

Jay Harrell

Quote from: jnye on January 13, 2009, 09:38:27 AM
What are people doing about accommodations for this event? I've not done anything but if anyone has interest in sharing a house, let me know.
Jonathan

My boat is staying at the St Pete Hilton Bayfront for the third year in a row.  It's walking distance to everything and with my corporate rate it's very well priced too.  The view of the race course from the Lounge on the 15th floor is superb.

Jay Harrell

I just received this reminder from the NOOD folks....

Dear Class Coordinator-

The St. Pete NOOD Regatta dates are approaching fast (Feb 13-15). Please remind your fleet to sign up and that the late fee starts on Monday, Jan 26th at 5pm. Class formation deadline is Monday, Feb 2nd with a minimum of 6 boats, at this time I will eliminate all the classes that have not formed and refund those who have not. I wanted to touch base with you before Monday and if you have any questions please don't hesitate to call or email me.

You can sign up at www.sailingworld.com, under the link NOOD Regattas, Location: St. Petersburg and then in the middle of the page you will see the Regatta Info Center with Online Registration.

Thanks,
Valerie Mey

Valerie Mey

Events Manager

Sailing World/Cruising World

NOOD Regattas

[email protected]

(W) 401-845-5112

(F) 401-845-5180

Tim Dunton

Looks Like Team AWB (Average White Boat) is in.
Anyone know if we can park the Vipermobile in the usual parking lot just down from the club at St Pete?

Tim

jaxsailor

Hello Everyone,

Does anyone have a open crew position for the St. Pete NOOD?  I have experience racing Lightnings, Keel boats - J's, U20 etc. and Corsair tris.  Also keep me in mind for any of the races in the region.

Regards,

Niels