Vipers at Lake Sinclair, June 2-3

Started by Jay Harrell, April 18, 2007, 07:56:18 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Jay Harrell

Bill Shaw and I extend an invitation to any and all interested Viperers (drivers and/or crew) to join is for the Lake Sinclair Open, June 2 & 3 at Oconee Sailing and Yacht Club (www.osyc.net).  RSVP if you are interested in coming down for some fun and low-pressure sailing.

Jay

Justin Scott

Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Justin Scott

I will be there with "Tusker".

While that will probably put most of you off the idea.......I have seen the photos of lake Sinclair and it does look real nice spot for a bit of Viper sailing.  I can take crew, so feel free to come on down...with or without boat.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

E Mail from Tim Dunton:-

Hi All,
I'm Still in Finland :-( not returning till late Sunday night.....mmmmm
herring)

Tim
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Quote from: Justin on May 30, 2007, 08:18:20 AM

Hi All,
herring)

Tim

Herring....vs.....Kipper.  Same fish.  Different result.
Pub vs Sauna.
I think we got it right in both cases, mate.

I'll allow they have a good goalie and the birds ain't half bad either. But
Kipper over rolled Herring every time for me.

Tim knows what I'm talking about. Does anyone else?
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Sounds like the boys from Lake Murray will be coming down. That is great news. looking forward to meeting you all.
Viper - Mambo Kings

Justin Scott

Good time today. Gorgeous location....OSYC club house is located on a peninsula jutting into a small cove, with lots of pine trees and beautiful views. Four Vipers and Two races. First race in good conditions with good puffs coming down the lake. Second race in increasing wind and rain as Barry got closer. Competitors and RC decided it was time to get the grill going at the club house.
Looks like Barry will have blown thru in the morning. So we will have more racing in the morning. 1st gun 10.00am.

The Lake Murray boat was driven and crewed by 2 15 year old kids. They have great boat handling.....flawless gybes and roll tacks like a 420. Needed all our foxy old wiles to stay ahead of 'em. Looks like they will be coming to the NAs in Marblehead. We will have quite the junior contingent (Zack and Dylan from Marblehead as well) at this year's NAs.

More later!

Justin
Viper - Mambo Kings

Jay Harrell

Saturday finished with rain all night and into the early morning - finally stopping about 8am.  The wind built from the NW and stabilized at about 15mph with sunshine - perfect Viper weather and a perfect inland lake day.  An unfortunate pintle failure left us with only three boats on the water, but we made the best of if by reassigning Justin's boat and forcing him to hop from boat to boat for some coaching.   The RC set a mid-leg Windward-Leeward course and a very short start line to keep things interesting.  In short order we cracked off three close races with plenty of high-speed spinnaker runs to keep everyone smiling.  Then we headed back to shore so the traveling folks could pack up.  Justin was the last one out and we put him on the road about 3pm.  Race results pending...

Hitchhiker

Quote from: Justin on May 30, 2007, 08:19:14 AM
Quote from: Justin on May 30, 2007, 08:18:20 AM

Hi All,
herring)

Tim

Herring....vs.....Kipper.  Same fish.  Different result.
Pub vs Sauna.
I think we got it right in both cases, mate.

I'll allow they have a good goalie and the birds ain't half bad either. But
Kipper over rolled Herring every time for me.

Tim knows what I'm talking about. Does anyone else?

You're clearly a Brit.  I will take kippers over herring every time.

As for goalies, David James all the way, but then I'm a Pompey fan.