Looking for a new Mainsheet

Started by Mike Thompson, February 13, 2016, 11:07:23 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Thompson

It's long since past time to replace my Mainsheet.  Annapolis Performance Sailing (APS) has 'em listed on their web site.  Looking for advice and/or suggestions regarding APS or other suppliers.

Thanks!
     ---mike
#116  Zamboni
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada
(Great Lakes Region)

Craig Wilusz

Hi, Mike.  We have some Marlow, Gemini, in 9mm on order.  It comes in orange, which is a bummer, but the cool thing is it is a dual core line which is designed specifically for split tail main sheets:  http://www.marlowropes.com/leisure-marine-products-1/dinghy-windsurfing/excel2-gemini.html

Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Mike Thompson

Thanks Craig.  Orange is good!  I like the lines to be easily distinguishable and orange will definitely stand out.
#116  Zamboni
Nepean Sailing Club, Ottawa, Canada
(Great Lakes Region)

George Gluecksmann

Quote from: Craig Wilusz on February 13, 2016, 12:29:36 PM
Hi, Mike.  We have some Marlow, Gemini, in 9mm on order.  It comes in orange, which is a bummer, but the cool thing is it is a dual core line which is designed specifically for split tail main sheets:  http://www.marlowropes.com/leisure-marine-products-1/dinghy-windsurfing/excel2-gemini.html

Craig

Craig that rope looks good, how does it compare to the excell fusion, do you guys splice (or whatever termination is required for the cover to stay in place?) When will you get it? How much for a main sheet (whatever the length is) and I assume you can ship it
CAN127

Matt Rowlinson

Hi Mike--Cam Copeland at Fogh Marine in Toronto has built a main sheet and other viper rigging for us over the years, if you are looking for an option in Canada.  [email protected]

He used all Marlow lines. The main section is 8mm D2 Racing, the
tails
are 4mm D12.

Craig Wilusz

Hi guys.  Thanks for the questions.  We are getting two cut lengths to play with it and hope to have two mainsheets in Miami (one being on our boat to see how it does) the other will be available to purchase down there.  Looking forward to checking out this line.  Craig
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur