Charleston Race Week 2016 - Viper ACCs

Started by Peter Beardsley, October 23, 2015, 06:11:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Nick Ward and the Proper Villains win the award as first Viper registered.  Apr. 15-17, since it's an even-numbered year, it'll be Viper Atlantic Coast Champs as well.  Registration now open.  http://www.yachtscoring.com/emenu.cfm?eID=1530

As per the email from organizers...
Regatta registration is now open, and if you sign up before December 31, you can take advantage of the $50 early-registration discount.

Our event venue – Charleston Harbor Resort & Marina – now has a brand new hotel: The Beach Club. That means 92 additional waterfront rooms will be available for you (along with two more pools, a bocce court, and several extensive patios), and if you book your accommodations at the resort before December 31, you can enjoy a 10-percent discount.
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Nick Ward

Proper Villain #165

Justin Scott

It should be put in the Viper schedule on the website.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Ted Green

I have 2 rooms available at the Charleston Harbor Resort (the hotel at the event site). One is a double and the other is a king both are going at the rate of $239 a night (plus room taxes and resort fee) I am no longer able to do this event and rather than take the hit on my deposit i was just seeing if any of you out there were still looking?

Peter Beardsley

So where are all the entries for Charleston?  Early entry discount ends December 31.  It's ACCs in 2016.  Shorter drive than Florida for teams who didn't go south.  Vipers have been on a better circle for the past 2 years away from the shallow spots. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Lee Shuckerow

Also a great place to leave your viper on the way north from Miami or Sarasota.
Jackpot  #235

Nick Ward

Where is everyone thinking for launching and hauling?
Proper Villain #165

Peter Beardsley

Nick - reach out to Zeke Horowitz - there will be storage offered at College of Charleston this year away from the fray a bit.  Now up to 12 entries and there's talk of several others signing up - if you're thinking about it, please get off the fence and make it happen to encourage others to do the same.  There are also a couple of teams looking for charter boats.
Viper 333 "Glory Days"

Ted Green

Quote from: Ted Green on November 19, 2015, 10:50:53 AM
I have 2 rooms available at the Charleston Harbor Resort (the hotel at the event site). One is a double and the other is a king both are going at the rate of $239 a night (plus room taxes and resort fee) I am no longer able to do this event and rather than take the hit on my deposit i was just seeing if any of you out there were still looking?

Offer is still out there but I need to cancel before Thursday night or I am left paying the whole weekend. I understand the hotel is no sold out so if you want to stay on location I have 2 rooms which have 3 beds total. Hope someone can help me help them

Fletcher

Nice first day, Panda's! You wouldn't know it from the live tracker though.

Pretty cool to be able to watch Viper racing in real time.
Viper 207 Back in Business

Peter Beardsley

Wasn't able to watch the live tracker in real time obviously, but it looks ok now. 
Viper 333 "Glory Days"