Miami Sailing Week 2016

Started by Peter Beardsley, October 23, 2015, 06:10:03 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Eddy Parker

Great seeing everyone again.  The Viper fleet has come a long way!  I started out in the back, and am still there, but the boats that were in the front are back there with me.  We don't get many opportunities to race the boat one design, and it shows when we get in a big fleet.

One thing, let's figure a way to have people stop hitting each other.  Hogs got hit about 10 times on the first day, Grey Matter took a prod up the backside and the leward gate roundings looked like an orgy.

Thanks to everyone, specially Buttons, for all the hard work to make this a great regatta.

James Colburn

Sorry i could not make it, but i agree with the contact in the fleet. Im new to the fleet and managed to sailed in 2015 NA's which was a fantastic event. I have been racing for over 30 years and i think we had more contact in 4 days then I've had over my entire sailing career.

Craig Wilusz

Hey now...This was my best Miami Race Week in five years as I only hit one boat the entire week.  Usually Miami is a target rich environment for my bow.

C
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Jeff Grange

I had a great time in Miami.  Thanks to all who put it together.  One point that may have been missing, which is popular on the west coast, is the informal debriefs by the daily leaders.  I'd love to hear how Crispin set his boat up for the conditions in Miami and likewise to Moore, who had a perfect second day.  I think these debriefs bring the class closer in competition and in at a very basic level, get us to interact off the water.  When you know your fellow competitor's name, you're less likely to stretch a mark zone or try to cut the line at haul out.  This makes a tighter community.

I had a blast and look forward to my next trip east.  We have a great class and need to continue this momentum!

Brad Boston

Hey Jeff,
We generally have debriefs except at the Bacardi cup as it is logistically difficult! It has been tried a bunch but the success rate in Miami is low.
I agree that it is nice to see people off the water so we all meet and get to know everyone better. The one thing Miami does is give us great sailing conditions just like it did last week! One week of fantastic sailing..
Brad