GYA Selects Viper as New Capdevielle Boat

Started by Peter Beardsley, September 09, 2015, 02:23:09 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Peter Beardsley

Read all about it: http://www.viper640.org/usa-news/gya-selects-viper-640-as-new-capdevielle-boat/

Really, really exciting stuff for the GYA and also for the Viper Class.  Can't wait to do some racing down there. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Lee Shuckerow

Jackpot  #235

Justin Scott

I know this might seem a little out of place but could we spare a moment to congratulate Brian Bennett.

It is a pretty amazing achievement that after all the dozens of boats that were reviewed for selection, some of which were supported by well financed builders with heavyweight marketing power, that in the end the final two boats in the selection process were both Brian Bennett designs/concepts.

When Brian first conceived of the Viper, he was ahead of his time. He was a friend of mine and although I assured him there was no way that I would buy another boat at that time, he took me out for a ride in the Viper. It was a completely different thrill than anything else I had ever sailed or owned. I wrote a check that evening and I have never regretted a moment of it (how many boat owners can say that?)

So, just for the record, THANK YOU BRIAN. 
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Kett Cummins

Quote from: Lee Shuckerow on September 09, 2015, 03:05:40 PM
Pretty awesome for the Viper class.

Pretty awesome for the GYA!

Tim Carter

Agree, he seems to have a feel for the sporties.  Two of the more successful sportboats have come from an independant firm...   Not R/P..   Does anyone know who penned to 70??  not sure it quite makes it inside the S/B envelope.

Good job Brian..!!

Quote from: Justin Scott on September 09, 2015, 04:05:03 PM
I know this might seem a little out of place but could we spare a moment to congratulate Brian Bennett.

It is a pretty amazing achievement that after all the dozens of boats that were reviewed for selection, some of which were supported by well financed builders with heavyweight marketing power, that in the end the final two boats in the selection process were both Brian Bennett designs/concepts.

When Brian first conceived of the Viper, he was ahead of his time. He was a friend of mine and although I assured him there was no way that I would buy another boat at that time, he took me out for a ride in the Viper. It was a completely different thrill than anything else I had ever sailed or owned. I wrote a check that evening and I have never regretted a moment of it (how many boat owners can say that?)

So, just for the record, THANK YOU BRIAN.
Lt Coast Gov