Author Topic: Arizona YC Spring Series starts Sept 26/27  (Read 1680 times)

Mike Parker

• Active
Arizona YC Spring Series starts Sept 26/27
« on: August 21, 2015, 10:39:04 PM »
Sailing in the clean blue fresh water of Lake Pleasant fires up September 26/27.

Looking to get out of the COLD and/or salty water?

Maybe your Viper has put on a little weight and needs a nice dry environment to shed that water weight?

Do you really want to hang with your OTHER homies and zone out in front of the TV watching their hopeless team struggle through another season?

Arizona Yacht Club has the solutions to your winter doldrums!  Fall and winter racing for all comers.  Race Daily, Weekend, or entire 5 week series (including one on the Power Boats running the racing).  Leave her here and enter the AYC Birthday Regatta over MLK weekend.  Then the party starts over for the Spring Series lasting another 5 weekends till April....

Lake Pleasant has fair priced mast up storage directly adjacent to the launch ramp.
Your $8 park entry allows you to camp overnight right next to your baby, and your significant other.  Showers, Restaurant/bar, grocery store - all within walking distance.
The Sailboat Shop has many generic parts and line available all weekend
 - Tony Chapman has a spare Viper and all parts in his BMW for all to share
The Arizona Yacht Club has Saturday dinner overlooking the lake for cheeeeep ($5-8ea)

If you are going to put your Viper out to pasture all winter - why not in Sunny and Warm Southern Arizona and Racer her on the weekends! 

Did I mention there was fabulous SHOPPING in nearby Scottsdale Arizona with several 5 diamond hotels for those who need to encourage their co-owners? (my wife is awesome crew and will bite you if you tack too close)

Mike
#36 Slythrin (maybe)
Once Bitten - #36

John Leyland

• Class Member
  • Very Active
Re: Arizona YC Spring Series starts Sept 26/27
« Reply #1 on: August 21, 2015, 11:46:02 PM »
191 is planning to come down from Vancouver, BC to see you for the Birthday Regatta in January.
Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Greg Jackson

• Extremely Active
« Reply #2 on: August 22, 2015, 07:42:02 PM »
If I was a Seahawk's fan, I'd definitely choose racing over watching my pathetic football team ;)

John Leyland

• Class Member
  • Very Active
« Reply #3 on: August 22, 2015, 11:23:17 PM »
Garrett, who's Greg talking about? ;-)

I'm a Packer fan :-P
Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Garrett Johns

• Administrator
  • Very Active
« Reply #4 on: September 07, 2015, 11:33:23 AM »
I have no idea who he is talking about! But I did just put a flat screen on my bulkhead and mounted a dish in place of my windex :)
USA 129
Anacortes WA