Viper Canadian Champs (Pan-Am Qualifier) - Sarnia Yacht Club - August 29/30

Started by Darren Gilbert, August 06, 2015, 04:43:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Darren Gilbert

I'm pleased to share with you all that the rumoured Sarnia Viper Regatta can now be confirmed as fact!  That's right, the Great Lakes Viper region will be back at Sarnia Yacht Club on the weekend of August 29-30 (Saturday/Sunday) for a weekend of fun racing.  We will get regatta details out to you as they are available. 

In the sense of keeping costs down there will likely not be a online registration so we are reqesting that boats confirm their attendance on this thread please. 

For those coming from out of town, there are a wide range of hotels in the area.  The Holiday Inn, and Best Western on Venetian Blvd are two very close options.  The Harbourfront Inn on Harbour road is just another couple minutes further than the Holiday Inn or Best Western, but there are two bars across the parking lot that are pretty good.

Please respond below and we will keep a running list of boats.

Cheers!
Darren
Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Nick Ward

Proper Villain #165

Tony Bowker

Lee Shuckerow

Jackpot  #235

Doug Hennessy

Viper #57 - Medusa - is pleased to come to Sarnia.
Doug Hennessy
Medusa
Viper #57
Great Lakes Region - Toronto

Steve Chapman

Team Oshunmare #211 will be there!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Steve Chapman
Oshunmare - Viper #288
Chair International Viper 640 Class Association
Ottawa - Great Lakes Region

Matt Rowlinson

Grendel CAN 70 will be there!

Matt Rowlinson

Brad Boston

Hello Everyone,

I am really looking forward to the Vipers coming back to Sarnia for a 2 day as many races as we can weekend! Sarnia Yacht club is a great place to sail right at the bottom of Lake Huron.
I will have the NOR and everything else up soon. If anyone needs we will try our hardest to find boats to sleep on if money is an issue but the Hotels in the area are not expensive!

Please let me know if you need anything we will do our best to accommodate everyone!!!

Brad Boston
Jackpot 235

James Colburn

Steve Conger

I still wear the pants in the family, and am skipping out on a wedding. My wife is awesome. 43 is in
43 zigzag

Darren Gilbert

Nicely done GL Vipers.  We are one boat away from hitting our goal of 10 boats.  Who's it gunna be?

#1 - Viper 29, Black Sheep
#2 - Viper 165, Average Joes
#3 - Viper 194, Preflight
#4 - Viper 235, Jackpot
#5 - Viper 57, Medusa
#6 - Viper 211, Oshunmare
#7 - Viper 70, Grendel
#8 - Viper 87, Lucky Varment
#9 - Viper 43, Zigzag
#10 - Viper???, ?????

Any East Coast Vipers feel like making a road trip?

Darren Gilbert

We have a couple of boats looking for crew for this event.  If you're interested in crewing on a viper let me know and I can make a connection.

Ed "Buttons" Padin, Class Administrator

Ed "Buttons" Padin
Viper 640 Class Administrator
erpadin [at] padesta [dot] com

Brad Boston

If any boats need crew please email me what you are looking for.(bow, middle ,driver) and we will fill these spots for you.
Brad
[email protected]

Peter Beardsley

I would be in if I didn't have prior commitments.  I will advertise it to our guys. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"