Retrofit Costs

Started by Mike Parker, July 21, 2015, 02:15:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Parker

Hi All

Before I start something that several others have not been able/willing to do to a fine older boat, is there a price list available for the parts required to bring an old boat up to Class butt kicker snuff?

I have searched for what needs to happen, but the only some $$ and those are from 3-4+ years ago.  There are a few posts with a great rundown of what, but no mention of how much.  Maybe someone needs to make "The Viper Guide to Retrofit your Antique 640 for Fun and Profit" with pretty pictures including part numbers all PDF'ed and ready to download? 

Oh – and speak to me like I am 6 years old please...  a 6 year old recovering Buccaneer...

Figure I need – in descending dependency..

1.   Keel Bulb
2.   CF Mast and attachlings
3.   Vang
4.   Rudder Tower
5.   Spin snout fairlead
6.   Block Relocation
7.   Rum Bottle tiedown
Once Bitten .. again - #115

Peter Beardsley

Did you read the used boat buyer's guide pinned to the top of the forums?  Some of these items have cost estimates contained therein. 
Viper 640 East Coast Regional VP / Class Governor
Viper 333 "Glory Days"
Formerly Viper 269 "Great Scott!", Viper 222 "Ghost Panda" and Viper 161 "Vicious Panda"

Craig Wilusz

I think it would be hard to find a boat that requires all the items listed. I think there is one project boat out there or two, right....?
Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Dan Tucker

As a new Viper owner or interested buyer, you wouldn't necessarily know this, but the Rondar Viper parts list has been in the same place on this same page for nearly 4 years, FYI:

http://www.rondarboats.com/us/viper-640-resources/

Same place as owner's manual, tuning guide & new boat order form.

I hope this helps! Any specific questions, email Dan at Rondar boats Dot com or call me on 781.799.8132 and I'll help you out.

Cheers,

Dan
Race it like you stole it.

Mike Parker

The "Replacement Parts list" is exactly what I was looking for..  Thanks.

i think the AZ boat is devoid of any updates from what I have seen posted about her, but a solid candidate for full on redo.  I will know more Wed when I go drool all over her..  picturing Tony, Greg and Steve as I lee bow them for the lee mark and turn and burn for the line...  I would include Lauraunt but he is always cussing me out in french..i think.. and can't figure out a in-kind reply.

I am still kinda p1$$ed at the viper fleet for stealing some of the best Buccanneer skippers away.. but hey - can't beat'em..

Justin Scott

Just because you get a Viper doesn't mean your Bucaneering days are entirely over!

Look at Tony, he still buccaneers. In fact most Viper owners drink rum, steal each others power tools and pillage our opponents crew so we are all pirates at heart.
Viper - Mambo Kings
Right Coast Refreshments Committee

Dan Tucker

Happy to help.

Call or email with any questions.

And Justin is right!
Race it like you stole it.

Greg Jackson

Lee bow me?

Come on, do that to me and I have a friend who's Sicilian and knows a guy with a cement factory.

Let me know if you need any help if you get the boat

Darren Gilbert

Formerly Black Sheep (#29), Black Sheep II (#194) and Black Sheep III (#106)

Mike Parker

Rubbin is racing,  and i would have a 1978 woodie pacer that belches smoke vs your little darlin' -

at least till she goes in the garage and - ala Chitty Chitty Bang Bang - comes out a fire breathing serpent bent on destruction of the known fleet pecking order!

Mike Parker

#36 is now mine.  She is like she just came from the factory in 1997. 

Sailing her Sat - if she floats she goes under the canopy and the grinder/drills/epoxy come out.

John Leyland

Viper 191 - "Moistened Bint"
Vancouver, BC

Craig Wilusz

Craig and Deborah
#100 Myasasaur

Tim Carter

Mike,

Welcome to the Clan.  #36 was the Viper I was trying to score in 2010, but I went another path.

You don't really need the rudder tower retro fit until Flying Dog takes it out on a Port / Starboard..   

Call me with any quetstions:

Timbo   310 . 767 . 6661
Lt Coast Gov

Greg Jackson

That wasn't me Timbo... I only hit 570's.